Article source: The American Institute of Architects (AIA)
Building 209 is one of many historic buildings on the US Veterans Affairs Department’s (VA) West Los Angeles healthcare campus. Vacant for decades, it was falling into decay rather than serving its original purpose of healing our nation’s Veterans. Meanwhile, homelessness in Los Angeles County has become an epidemic, with 4,343 Veterans living on the streets.
- Architects: LEO A DALY
- Project: Homeless Veterans Transitional Housing
- Location: VA Campus, Los Angeles,USA
- Photography: Lawrence Anderson
- Structural Engineer: Nabih Youssef & Associates
- Mechanical, Plumbing, Electrical & Fire-sprinkler System: Sin Ha and Keyfauver Engineers, Inc.
- Cost Management: Cumming Clarke
- Civil Engineer: Jensen Design and Survey, Inc.
- Historic Preservation: Chattel, Inc.
- Landscape: Mia Lehrer and Associates
- LEED Silver Certification and Commissioning: Green Dinosaur
- General Contractor: Westport Construction Inc.