Article source: Cândido Chuva Gomes, Arquitectos
The intervention area consisted of school grounds, vast and arid, where, between the existing buildings, three large pine trees grew. The central block had social and management functions; other two held classrooms and laboratories, another was still devoted to workshops and, finally, a sports pavilion. Functionally outdated, formally unattractive and structurally fragile, it denoted an aging prematurely equipment and an obvious inability to become warm and friendly to the school community.
- Architects: Cândido Chuva Gomes, Arquitectos
- Project: Públia Hortênsia de Castro High School
- Location: Vila Viçosa,Évora, Portugal
- Design: Cândido Chuva Gomes Arquitectos, Lda. / Ana Pestana, Unipessoal Lda.
- Project Team: Arqº Cândido Chuva Gomes, Arqª Sandra Amorim, Arqª Ana Florêncio, Arqª Ana Luísa Brandão, Arqº Bruno Bernardo, Arqº Bruno Ribeiro, Arqª Cristina Martinho, Arqº Paulo Melo, Arqª Vanda Vitorino
- Client: Parque Escolar, E.P.E.
- Timeline: 2008-2011
- Building Contractors: Lena Construções / Abrantina / MRG Engenharia e Construção
- Photography: José Campos