Article source: Series et Series
The headquarter of the International SETEC, located in Vitrolles in the south of France, formerly EPAREB (Etablissement Public d’Aménagement des Rives de l’Etang de Berre) was built in several phases. Firstly, in the 70s, Jean Prouvé implemented “Petroff system” developing a three-dimensional structural steel sheet and plexiglass panels on the front. This device would allow to cover a large area without increasing the bearing points, which in turn was covered by aluminium stiffeners attached to the work front.
- Architects: Series et Series
- Project: SETEC International office Building extension to a Jean Prouvé office Existing Building
- Location: 5 chemin des gorges de Cabriès 13127 Vitrolles (Bouches-du-Rhône) / France
- Client: SCI Inter Bureaux
- Project Management: SÉRIÈS ET SÉRIÈS architects
- Type: 10 Bureaux + Archives
- Area: 160m2
- Date: Delivery February 2012
- Budget: 330 000€ HT.
- Photos Credits: © Series et Series