Article source: Chybik+Kristof Associated Architects
Few young architects under the age of 30 can boast of two completed commissions in their portfolios like Ondrej Chybik and Michal Kristof, the founders of Chybik+Kristof Associated Architects. Their first commission – a modular cafeteria for KOMA MODULAR in Vizovice – was completed in May 2014; the second – the Czech pavilion at EXPO 2015 in Milan – was inaugurated exactly a year later. Both designs draw on the simplicity of modernist architecture, creating dynamic spaces of high aesthetic value. Their buildings are innovative in terms of the introduction of new materials and their combinations into modular construction. While the Czech EXPO pavilion expectedly attracts media attention, it is rarely mentioned that it could never have been so successfully achieved without Chybik+Kristof AA’s previous experience with modular systems at Vizovice.
- Architects: Chybik+Kristof Associated Architects
- Project: Modular Cafeteria
- Location: Vizovice, Czech Republic
- Photography: Simon Oberhofer, Marek Malusek, author’s archive
- Team: Ondrej Chybik, Michal Kristof, Vojtech Kouril
- Client: KOMA Modular s.r.o.
- Program: cafeteria, changing rooms, facility
- Size: 450 m2
- Status: Implemented
- Year: 2013-14
- Cost: 25 000 000 CZK / 893 000 €