Article source: Iredale Pedersen Hook Architects
On the 13th of March 2011 the Giga people’s home town of Warmun, some 200km south of Kununurra, was devastated by a catastrophic 1:300 year flood event. 300 people were relocated to Kununurra for 12 months while some 100 houses were rebuilt.
Iredale Pedersen Hook Architects were tasked with rebuilding the community facility buildings and the old Walumba Aged Care centre.
- Architects: Iredale Pedersen Hook Architects
- Project: Walumba Elders Centre
- Location: Warmun, Australia
- Photography: Peter Bennetts
- Software used: Vectorworks, Sketch-up
- Architect Team: Finn Pedersen, Adrian Iredale, Martyn Hook, Joel Fuller, Rebecca Angus, Jason Lenard, Nikki Ross, Caroline Di Costa, Khairani Khalifah, Drew Penhale, Mary Mcaree, LaylaCluer, Jonathan Alach, Matt Fletcher, Jonathon Ware
- Client: Building Management and Works Department of Finance WA, Warmun Community WA
- Builder: Norbuilt
- Designed: 2012
- Built: 2013-2014