Article source: Fabi Architekten BDA
A house like an archetype. As a prelude to the castle “Schönberg” (12th century) at the Wehrgraben – site of a former guard house. The house consists of two building volumes – one homogeneous, black saddle roof building lying turned and cantilevered on a white flat roof box. A minimal intrusion into the hillside topography. The volumes open up targeted to the natural space, the forest. The buildings to the sorroundings shine quiet and conciseness– unambiguity.
- Architects: Fabi Architekten BDA
- Project: Black on White
- Location: Wenzenbach, Germany
- Photography: Herbert Stolz
- Year of construction: 2012
- Living space: 100 square meter