Article source: Bordallo y Carrasco Arquitectos
From the understanding of the location as a big natural park surrounded by the city of Yecla, it derives an intervention strategy with a main aim: To achieve the introduction of the activity with no impact, building a new symbiotic relationship where the man inhabits the forest without violence and the landscape obtains usability. After visiting the location we stated that the best option is an intervention without transforming the forest, keeping a responsible intervention strategy, respecting the forest and avoiding big felling or earthworks which may break the continuity of the vegetation cover and natural cycles.
- Architects: Bordallo y Carrasco Arquitectos
- Project: Building for Multifunctional center
- Location: Yecla, Murcia, Spain
- Architects Design: Juan Bordallo Ruiz y Francisco Carrasco Rodríguez
- Project collaborators: Antonio José García Amat, Luis Requena Guerra, Cosmin Dragomir
- Structural Engineer: Alfonso Sánchez Navarro