Article source: Scenic Architecture Office
As the most integrally preserved canal-town in Shanghai, Zhujiajiao attracts an increasing number of visitors every year with its authentic tradition of eastern China. The site, located at the entry of the old town, faces two 470-year-old ginkgo trees. This 1,800 sqm museum will house paintings and other art works related to the history of Zhujiajiao.
- Architects: Zhu Xiaofeng / Scenic Architecture Office
- Project: Zhujiajiao Museum of Humanities & Arts
- Location: Zhujiajiao town, Shanghai, China
- Photography: Iwan Baan
- Software used: CAD, Sketchup, Photoshop, IN design
- Client: Shanghai Dianshanhu Newtown Development Ltd.
- Site Area: 1448 sqm
- Building Area: 1818 sqm
- Program: Fine Arts Museum
- Design/Built: 2008-2010
- Design Team: Li Qitong, Xu Lei, Dong Zhiping, Zhang Hao
- Structural & MEP: Shanghai Xiandai Huagai Architectural Design Ltd.
- Material: White painted wall, Glass, Zinc panel roofing, granite