Article source: Salony Foundation and BWA Zielona Góra
Millenium Park in Zielona Góra until the 1960s. functioned as the Green Cross cemetery. Upper branches of trees let hardly any light inside the park, ground level lacks lower greenery – that is why the park seems to be dark and dangerous.
Our main idea was to bring back life into Millenium Park, eliminate spatial obstacles preventing the park to become unique, multifunctional public space.
- Architects: Salony Foundation and BWA Zielona Góra
- Project: MILLENIUM PARK
- Location: Zielona Góra, Poland
- YEAR: 2013
- CLIENT: CITY OF ZIELONA GÓRA
- PROGRAM: PUBLIC, RECREATION, ART, COMMERCIAL
- AREA: 9.4 HA
- STATUS: STRATEGY
- TEAM BUDCUD: MATEUSZ ADAMCZYK, AGATA WOŹNICZKA, MAGDALENA POTOCZNA, ANNA PTASZYŃSKA, JOHANNES PETER STEIDL, JAKUB URBANIAK, ŁUKASZ DWORNICZAK