Knowledge Management Suite for SharePoint pairs knowledge base solution with workflow technology to create a self-service application portal
RESTON, Va. — (BUSINESS WIRE) — September 26, 2011 — Bamboo® Solutions, the leading provider of solutions for Microsoft SharePoint, has released a comprehensive Knowledge Management solution for SharePoint. With Knowledge Management Suite (KM Suite), Bamboo extends SharePoint’s baseline capabilities as a platform for enterprise knowledge management. Bamboo’s knowledge management solution, coupled with SharePoint’s core capabilities, can provide organizations with a legitimate alternative to expensive legacy software at a fraction of the cost. KM Suite combines Bamboo’s popular Knowledge Base application with workflow and process automation to deliver a full-featured solution leveraging the SharePoint platform. Key benefits of KM Suite include:
- Improved content quality through automated routing of new articles to subject matter experts across the enterprise for review and approval;
- Advanced search tools for end users;
- Support for custom taxonomies leveraging SharePoint’s metadata management features;
- Workflow for “tasking” designated experts with unanswered questions and issues;
- Configurable alerts to notify stakeholders and subject matter experts of updates and changes to relevant content; and
- Robust reporting and dashboards to manage knowledge collection and identify trends in content consumption.
Tom Polivka, Bamboo’s Director of Enterprise Sales, explains, “Customers have eagerly adopted our SharePoint Knowledge Base application to capture and disseminate corporate knowledge assets. Bamboo’s Knowledge Base is a popular choice for organizations standardized on the SharePoint platform. When we combine Workflow Conductor™ with our Knowledge Base application, we provide the ability to automatically route unanswered inquiries to subject matter experts by question category or other criteria. While it’s important to support a self-service model, it’s equally important to enable collaboration between end users and subject matter experts.”
With KM Suite, Bamboo extends the core capabilities of SharePoint to provide a compelling alternative to more expensive and less integrated ECM solutions. Whether migrating from a legacy line-of-business application, or establishing new enterprise knowledge management capabilities, Bamboo’s Knowledge Management suite offers a full-featured and cost effective option for organizations standardized on Microsoft SharePoint.
For More Information:
- Contact a Bamboo Account Specialist at 1.877.226.2662 (toll free), +1.703.964.2002
- Register for our Knowledge Management Webinar, featuring Knowledge Base Solution Accelerator (KBSA) and Workflow Conductor at http://store.bamboosolutions.com/BambooMainWeb/bamboo-sharepoint-knowledge-management-webinar.aspx
- For more details on Bamboo Solutions’ Knowledge Management Suite and included components, please visit http://store.bamboosolutions.com/knowledge_management_suite.aspx
- Become a fan of Bamboo Solutions on Facebook: http://www.facebook.com/bamboosolutions
- Follow @bamboonation on Twitter and join the conversation
About Bamboo Solutions
Bamboo Solutions is the global leader in SharePoint solutions. Since 2001, more than 8,000 organizations worldwide have chosen to enhance and extend their SharePoint deployments with software from Bamboo. Featuring more than 70 individual products for SharePoint, Bamboo offers a broad array of solutions, including Project Management, Knowledge Management, Community Management, Case Management, and Process Management. Please visit www.bamboosolutions.com to learn how Bamboo can help your organization Take SharePoint to New Heights™.
Copyright © 2011 Bamboo Solutions Corporation. All rights reserved worldwide.
The names of actual companies and products mentioned herein may be the trademarks of their respective owners.
Lily Griffin, 703-964-2026