November 28, 2011 - InterSpec Inc., the industry leading provider of BIM integrated construction specification software and services, announced today a major upgrade to its popular e-SPECS specification management systems. e-SPECS v7.0 includes enhanced Autodesk® Revit® integration, Office Master Updater application integrated into the popular Microsoft® Word® application and specification manual publishing enhancements.
e-SPECS for Revit new functionality includes:
- Revit Phase support enables correct specifying of new or phased building development
- e-SPECS Revit Validation Console enables assignment of Parameter values directly to assemblies throughout the model (including Linked Models)
- e-SPECS Revit Validation Console enables access to intelligently linked spec sections and project files within Revit
- e-SPECS Keynote Manager highlights coordinated section tags in e-SPECS Designer
e-SPECS Office Master Updater application for e-SPECS v7.0 includes:
- Integrated into e-SPECS Designer providing complete Master development, maintenance and Tagging/Mapping automation
- Integrated into Microsoft Word making creating and maintaining master language very easy for Word Users
- Compare Office Masters to newly released base masters such as MasterSpec, Canadian Master Specifications and National Master Specifications
- Compare current release to the previous release of base masters with option to insert changes in to office master as needed, making on-going office master maintenance more efficient
- Automatic updates to the e-SPECS Office Master Updater application through Microsoft's ClickOnce installation technology
e-SPECS publishing updates include:
- Export specification sections to PDF
- Executive Summary Report includes headers and footers to be used as automated Outline Report from any master
- New integrated Spell Checker in all e-SPECS applications as well as other editing enhancements
All e-SPECS customers under software maintenance agreements will automatically receive the new v7.0 notification via the e-SPECS Start-Up Screen scheduled for end of 2011. Autodesk University 2012 attendees can see e-SPECS v7.0 in the InterSpec booth.
InterSpec provides construction document management solutions and services built on its patented e-SPECS specification management technology. e-SPECS software automates the specification process by extracting the product and material requirements directly from the project's BIM models and drawings. e-SPECS integrates directly with all Autodesk Revit-based BIM products as well as with Autodesk's AutoCAD, AutoCAD Architecture and AutoCAD Systems products and supports all libraries of MasterSpec, US Dept of Veterans Affairs, Canadian Master Specifications (CMS), National Master Specifications (NMS), and the ability to integrate custom office masters. For architects and engineers who spend many hours on every project preparing construction specifications, e-SPECS software saves time and money while ensuring that the construction drawings are coordinated with the specifications. For more information visit www.e-SPECS.com or contact sales at +1-207-772-6135 or email to Email Contact.
e-SPECS is a registered trademark of InterSpec. Autodesk, AutoCAD and Revit are registered trademarks or trademarks of Autodesk, Inc., and/or its subsidiaries and/or affiliates in the USA and/or other countries. Canadian Master Specification (CMS) is a copyright of Digicon Information Inc. The National Master Specification is copyright of Public Works and Government Services Canada (PWGSC). All other brand names, product names, or trademarks belong to their respective holders.
E-mail: Email Contact