New applications help achieve environmental sustainability goals and facilitate commissioning best practices
BOSTON — (BUSINESS WIRE) — June 15, 2012 — ARCHIBUS, Inc. ( www.archibus.com), developer of the #1 solution for real estate, infrastructure and facilities management software in the world, announces the release of ARCHIBUS V.20.1, the latest version of its software suite.
This release offers more Web-based solutions to achieve real estate, infrastructure, and facilities management goals in a variety of areas relating to environmental/risk mitigation, Building Information Modeling (BIM) integration, commissioning, space transaction management, multicurrency support, and more.
ARCHIBUS delivers a new suite of applications within the Environmental & Risk Management domain that includes:
- Clean Building, for easily identifying, tracking, and abating hazardous materials in the built environment, such as asbestos, lead paint, radon, and mold
- Waste Management, for providing closed-loop, auditable processes for tracking, managing, and reducing both hazardous and non-hazardous waste streams
- Environmental Health & Safety, for tracking and managing workplace incidents, safety equipment / training, medical monitoring, and work restrictions to avoid regulatory fines and liability
- Material Safety Data Sheets, for streamlining the storage and retrieval of information on hazardous substances to help protect individuals and reduce regulatory compliance costs
These new applications complement the existing environmental & risk management suite of:
- Green Building, for achieving carbon footprint and environmental sustainability certification goals for individual buildings or across an entire portfolio
- Environmental Sustainability Assessment, for measuring performance indicators and mitigating risk to reduce an organization’s carbon footprint and achieve other environmental goals
- Energy Management , for tracking and managing energy use to control costs, reduce carbon footprint
- Emergency Preparedness , for ensuring business continuity and expedited recovery in the event of a disaster
Also featured in V.20.1 is the improved ARCHIBUS Smart Client Extension for Revit, which bi-directionally integrates facilities and infrastructure data with BIM models over the Web for comprehensive building lifecycle management and reporting.
In addition, the new ARCHIBUS Commissioning application enables seamless transfer, retention, and access of space information, equipment schedules, and COBie data from a BIM "as-built" model to ensure that all systems operate as intended, throughout the lifecycle of a building. It can generate commission surveys and also allow review of advanced submissions for early-stage corrections.
Other new V.20.1.enhancements can be found in the Space Planning & Management domain with the new Workspace Transaction functionality. The Workspace Transaction capability tracks space trends with new time-based features and statistics, and now also unifies hoteling, partial occupancy, multiple room occupancy, moves, and split-allocations to provide valuable metrics and accurate, defensible information for chargeback or strategic space planning.
The Enhanced Global Feature Set adds a comprehensive multicurrency functionality that captures international cost transactions. It provides consolidated reporting in an organizational currency of record, while allowing local cost transactions to be managed in the local user’s currency and units of measure (e.g. square feet or meters). In addition to enabling users to work with multiple local currencies, the Enhanced Global Feature Set also provides the flexibility to adapt to local VAT requirements.
All these new ARCHIBUS V.20.1 applications and features are now shipping in seven languages (English, French, German, Spanish, Italian, Dutch, and Simplified Chinese).
About ARCHIBUS, Inc.
ARCHIBUS is the #1 global provider of real estate, infrastructure, and facilities management solutions with the total annual expenditures for ARCHIBUS-related products and services valued at over $2.0 Billion (USD). Through effective innovation and business transformation, ARCHIBUS users save their organizations over $100 billion annually.
With ARCHIBUS, organizations can use a single, comprehensive, integrated solution to make informed strategic decisions that optimize return-on-investment (ROI) and return-on-assets (ROA), lower asset lifecycle costs, and increase enterprise-wide productivity and profitability. ARCHIBUS is the worldwide proponent for the creation of ubiquitous environmental sustainability.
More than 4,000,000 ARCHIBUS enterprise and Web users collectively manage over 5,000,000 properties, with organizations reporting facilities-related cost savings as high as 34%. With over 1,600 ARCHIBUS Business Partners, local and regional support worldwide is available in over 190 countries and in more than thirty languages. Headquartered in Boston, Massachusetts ARCHIBUS has pioneered computer-aided real estate, infrastructure and facilities management technologies since 1976. Visit www.archibus.com.