Juno T41 Handheld Computer Offers 3.75G Voice and Data Option
SUNNYVALE, Calif., Aug. 15, 2012 — (PRNewswire) — Trimble (NASDAQ: TRMB) introduced today the Juno® T41™ handheld computer, bringing a smartphone-inspired option to industries demanding a rugged field computer for data collection and mobile workforce management. The Juno T41 handheld is a developer-friendly computing device for real-world field conditions, with either Windows® Embedded Handheld or Android™ operating systems.
"With the release of the Juno T41, we are providing a rugged handheld that delivers the capabilities and convenience of a smartphone," said Jim Sheldon, general manager of Trimble's Mobile Computing Solutions Division. "It's slim, ergonomic design is thinner and lighter than other rugged computing products in its class today. Powerful, connected, compact and easy-to-use, the Juno T41 handheld computer is ideal for any mobile professional or demanding consumer."
The initial launch of the Trimble Juno T41 computer features:
- Windows Embedded Handheld 6.5 or Android 2.3.4 "Gingerbread" operating system in choice of 10 languages
- Multi-touch user interface with capacitive stylus compatibility
- 8 MP camera with dual LED flash and geo-tagging
- 3.75G cellular data, SMS text and voice capability option
- Bluetooth and Wi-Fi® b/g/n
- 4.3" WVGA sunlight-readable Gorilla® Glass display
- GPS receiver with typical 2-4 meter accuracy
- Accelerometer and Electronic Compass
- Fully rugged design with IP65 or IP68 rating
- 800MHz or 1 GHz processor with up to 512MB RAM
- Up to 16 GB non-volatile onboard flash storage, plus microSD card slot
- Built-in rechargeable 3300 mAh lithium-ion battery
The Trimble Juno T41 is available for order now with shipments beginning in September 2012.
About Trimble's Mobile Computing Solutions Division
Trimble's Mobile Computing Solutions Division offers innovative products that enable mobile workers to be more efficient in extreme outdoor and industrial environments. The Nomad®, Recon®, Ranger™, and Yuma® outdoor rugged handheld computers help users collect accurate field data and work more productively in any outdoor or service-related application. Trimble's handheld computers meet MIL-STD-810F/810G military specifications for drops, vibration, immersion and temperature extremes, and with IP65 to IP68 ratings, are sealed against dust and water.
To learn more, visit: www.trimble.com/rugged.
Trimble applies technology to make field and mobile workers in businesses and government significantly more productive. Solutions are focused on applications requiring position or location—including surveying, construction, agriculture, fleet and asset management, public safety and mapping. In addition to utilizing positioning technologies, such as GPS, lasers and optics, Trimble solutions may include software content specific to the needs of the user. Wireless technologies are utilized to deliver the solution to the user and to ensure a tight coupling of the field and the back office. Founded in 1978, Trimble is headquartered in Sunnyvale, Calif.
For more information, visit: www.trimble.com.
Android is a trademark of Google Inc.