Engineers visualize and share CAE information from their browser for critical engineering decisions
December 19, 2012 - MSC Software Corporation announced a new marketing partnership with to promote and distribute the VCollab family of products. VCollab will be offered immediately as a standalone product and will be deeply integrated into MSC Software's SimManager , providing a means to share, collaborate and review 3D simulation data.
Key benefits include:
- Automatic 3D sharable model upon import and after any simulation automatically generated in SimManager
- Compresses results files up to 98% allowing sharing of results via the internet and as long term archives in SimManager
- Strong support for many native CAD & CAE model & results formats, including MSC Nastran, Patran and Marc as well as 3rd party solvers
- Ability to overlay multiple results for quick comparisons and engineering decision making
- Light format that can be embedded into generated SimManager reports
- Instantaneous sharing & review using a single viewer for multiple disciplines
"VCollab provides a light weight 3D way to visualize and share design and CAE information in SimManager allowing engineers to collaborate and make critical engineering decisions right from their browser," explains Leo Kilfoy, General Manager of Simulation Process and Data Management Business Unit at MSC.