ASCENT adds several new Autodesk Official Training Guides to current line-up, plus develops two new titles
FRAMINGHAM, Mass. — (BUSINESS WIRE) — August 28, 2013 — Rand Worldwide (OTCBB: RWWI), a global leader in providing technology solutions to organizations with engineering design and information technology requirements, announced that its courseware division, ASCENT– Center for Technical Knowledge, released several Autodesk Official Training Guides to its Autodesk 2014 courseware line-up. In addition, two brand new courseware titles, Creo Simulate: Structural and Thermal Analysis and Inventor 2014 for Experienced 3D CAD Users, have been added to ASCENT’s curriculum line-up.
In addition to authoring Autodesk Official Training Guides (AOTG), ASCENT also authors and publishes a wide range of training solutions for leading design engineering software including CATIA, Creo and Pro/ENGINEER. ASCENT’s Autodesk, Dassault Systèmes and PTC training guides and eBooks will be on display at the Virginia Engineers Conference on September, 18-19, 2013.
“In addition to keeping pace with new software releases, our team of technical writers are proud to have produced two brand new training guides,” says Paul Burden, director of product development, ASCENT. “We know our training guides and eBooks hit the mark not just from the positive feedback we receive, but because the content created comes directly from listening to participants in our classes, conference presentations and our instructors who are plugged into the industry.”
In fact, teaching a class became the inspiration for one of ASCENT’s latest Autodesk Official Training Guides. In a recent post on the ASCENT blog, Jennifer MacMillan, instructional design projects manager at ASCENT, explains how an introductory Inventor class she was teaching led to the idea of producing the Autodesk Inventor 2014 for Experienced 3D CAD Users training guide. Read Jennifer’s insights in her recent blog post, Accelerated Inventor Introduction Training.
- Autodesk Inventor 2014 for Experienced 3D CAD Users is the latest Autodesk Official Training Guide and is available as a Student Guide or eBook. Downloadable Instructor Tools are also available. As an accelerated introductory training guide, it is specifically designed for Inventor software users who have 3D modeling design experience with other 3D CAD software packages such as CATIA, Pro/ENGINEER, Creo Parametric, NX, and SolidWorks. By leveraging past 3D modeling experience, this hands-on, practice-intensive curriculum allows users to quickly acquire the skills needed to create models from conceptual sketching, through to solid modeling, assembly design, and drawing production.
- Creo Simulate: Structural and Thermal Analysis covers all the fundamentals, providing students with the knowledge to effectively use Creo Simulate for finite element analysis. By working through real-world scenarios, this hands-on training guide also includes a section specifically dedicated to Thermal Analysis. In addition to the Student Guide and eBook, downloadable Instructor Tools are also available and contain answers to questions throughout the guide, timing suggestions for delivering the course as well as complementary instructor presentation files.
Additional Courseware Releases:
- Autodesk 3ds Max Design 2014 Fundamentals (AOTG)
- Autodesk Navisworks 2014 Essentials (AOTG)
- AutoCAD 2014 3D Drawing and Modeling (AOTG)
- Autodesk Simulation Mechanical 2014 - Part 1 (AOTG)
- Autodesk Simulation Mechanical 2014 - Part 2 (AOTG)
- Autodesk Simulation Moldflow Insight Fundamentals 2014 (AOTG)
- Revit MEP 2014 Fundamentals (Metric) (AOTG)
Center for Technical Knowledge develops professional training
courseware and technical documentation for engineering applications
including Autodesk, Dassault Systèmes and PTC. ASCENT is an Authorized
Author, Publisher and Developer of Autodesk curriculum and the sole
provider of Autodesk Official Training Guides. ASCENT training guides,
eBooks and Instructor Tools are available to educational institutions
and training centers, individuals and corporations and can be purchased
directly from the
eStore (for volume sales, contact an ASCENT
representative) . For more information visit the
website and follow ASCENT on Twitter at