The Need for BIM 4D Modeling
Jun 5, 2014 -- Building information services is a key for architects to help them achieve their design-centric tasks. It also provides various benefits including enhanced BIM coordination, constructability analysis, cost estimation and scheduling of building project.
Gantt chart, used to observe project progress against time constraints, is named after Henry Laurence Gantt, an American mechanical engineer. Though it was a useful process for project planning, it lacked something when it came to visualizing the project timelines. This is where BIM 4D modeling came into picture.
4D modeling is a 3D CAD model, committed to the fourth dimension of time through a schedule. Concept of 4D scheduling makes it possible to achieve all the realm of designs. 4D scheduling has a major role to play when it comes to project planning. It provides critical information encompassing start and finish date of each component along with its criticality.
BIM 4D modeling is a boon for project teams as it works as a platform for them and other non-technical stakeholders to envisage the assembling of a building over a given period of time. With 4D construction simulation process, architects can gauge various options and select the best alternative at project design stage.
Benefits of 4D modeling over 3D modeling
- Conception of the Project: With help of BIM 4D modeling; it becomes very easy for the scheduler to see the entire construction site in a nutshell. This helps the scheduler to move around, look inside, outside and under the building then validate the project. It makes the job of the scheduler easier as it helps in identifying unpredictability and evades visual clashes in the representation.
- Improved Integration and Cost Estimation: Assimilating human resources, equipments and material resources with BIM model. This helps 4D scheduling to better schedule and cost estimate of the project. BIM 4D modeling also observes procurement status of project materials.
- Conflict Detection and Resolution: Throughout the design and construction stages, probable spatial conflicts can occur between building components. It becomes very difficult to recognize or envisage these conflicts using 2D or 3D layouts. With the help of BIM 4D modeling; it becomes easier to ascertain different issues related to schedule, sequencing and space. They can then be resolved ahead of construction process.
- Value-Added Time Management: By combining BIM modeling with 4D scheduling, owners and project teams can easily envisage time constraints and prospects of upgrading and investment in the project.
- Maximum Utilization of Critical Resources: BIM 4D modeling helps the project team to assess different optional resources and scopes of work within a stipulated time period to enhance the resources and labor accordingly.
According to Senior BIM technologist Scott Bloss at Dal Pos, " digi4D BIM is a must-have tool in our tal gang box." BIM 4D modeling, the future of projects intending better BIM coordination, cost estimation & scheduling.
About Hi-Tech CADD Services
Hi-Tech CADD Services is one of the leading CAD Design and Drafting Service providers. Their team of experts equipped with vast experience in providing end to end Outsourcing CAD Services, ranging from planning and design to implementation and maintenance services at competitive prices.
Their technical expertise matches your requirements ranging from 2D Drafting, 3D CAD Modeling, FEA/CFD Analysis, and Prototype Designing to Animation and Walk-through. Hi-Tech CADD Services is the ideal partner for affordable CAD solutions.
They provide best engineering solutions through various software including AutoCAD, Tekla, ANSYS, Revit, & many more.