BARCELONA, SPAIN -- (Marketwired) -- Dec 02, 2014 -- HP (NYSE: HPQ) today unveiled new enterprise products and services that will enable customers to transform operations across the data center to enable growth, improve profitability and increase business agility.
Infrastructure is the foundation for the rich, impactful next-generation applications, web services and user experiences that are enabled by trends in big data, cloud, mobility and security. As the business requirements for infrastructure multiply at an exponential rate in coming years, a strong foundation will be more important than ever to help customers compete and succeed.
HP's new solutions and services enable IT leaders to optimize their infrastructure for today's needs while preparing for the workload and application demands of tomorrow. The new offerings include:
- Servers: HP Integrity Superdome X and HP Integrity NonStop X, which allow customers to deploy mission-critical workloads in a highly scalable, available and cost-efficient x86 environment.
- Storage: Faster and more flexible converged storage with a new portfolio of multi-protocol flash-optimized HP 3PAR StoreServ systems featuring flat backup to HP StoreOnce.
- Converged Systems: New software-defined converged infrastructure portfolio powered by HP OneView, HP Helion CloudSystem CS200-Hyper-Converged StoreVirtual, and HP ConvergedSystem 700 merges converged infrastructure, hyper-convergence, and software-definition to manage the most important workloads in infrastructure as a service (IaaS), cloud, mobility, and big data.
- Services: Expanded consulting and support services including HP Datacenter Care and HP Consulting for Software-defined Infrastructure to help customers support advanced cloud and software-defined infrastructure environments as they transition to the new style of IT.
"The new style of IT requires organizations to have a technology infrastructure in place that drives innovation and business outcomes," said Antonio Neri, senior vice president and general manager, HP Enterprise Group. "Today, HP is bringing to market innovations across our enterprise portfolio that will enable our customers to capture new possibilities for profitability and growth, while reducing data center costs and risk."
Redefining performance, availability and scalability of mission-critical environments
Mission-critical environments cannot tolerate downtime or slow performance. The latest introductions to HP's Compute portfolio are tailored to run the most demanding business processing and decision support solutions, as well as the largest enterprise databases in a highly scalable x86 environment.
- HP Integrity Superdome X delivers four times faster e-commerce transactions than leading x86 platforms.(1) For more stringent service level agreements (SLAs), it delivers 20 times more reliability with 60 percent less downtime than other x86 platforms.(2) Additionally, it redefines economics for mission-critical compute with 32 percent lower total cost of ownership compared to competitive UNIX environments.(3)
- HP Integrity NonStop X is a 100 percent fully integrated, fault-tolerant system architecture for the most-stringent uptime SLAs.(4) To accommodate escalating transaction volume and support business growth, it offers up to 25x increase in system interconnect capacity.(5) Twice the NonStop CPU density in a single enclosure enables decreased data center footprint and costs.(6)
Simplifying storage and reducing risk through convergence of flash storage and flat backup
HP Converged Storage solutions offer unified, flash, and flat backup storage innovations that can serve the entire spectrum of storage requirements with a single design.
- HP 3PAR File Persona delivers Network File System, Common Internet File System and object access on new HP 3PAR StoreServ platforms, boosting utilization and lowering costs by moving storage-affinity related workloads such as data access, protection and analytics directly into the storage operating system and controller. All block, file, and object-access is now managed via a new 3PAR StoreServ Management Console which enables simple provisioning and features a search-enabled interface aligned with HP OneView.
- HP 3PAR StoreServ 7440c Converged Flash Array helps customers maximize investments via all-flash performance and configuration flexibility to support spinning media. With block, file, and object-access, 3.5 petabytes total capacity, all-flash optimized performance, enterprise-class resiliency, and high speed connectivity, this midrange-priced system increases agility, efficiency and cuts data center space requirements. EMC VMAX customers can now easily move to these new 3PAR StoreServ systems via new 3PAR Online Import software -- cutting data center space requirements by 19 times and reduce costs by 8 times.(7)
- HP StoreOnce Recovery Manager Central (RMC) software is a new application-managed backup feature for 3PAR StoreServ which delivers greater flexibility and reduced risk. StoreOnce RMC manages snapshots on 3PAR StoreServ systems and controls movement of changed data to a HP StoreOnce Backup target in a single-click, delivering greater protection and 17 times faster performance.(8)
- HP StoreOnce Backup systems now include a new 50 terabyte StoreOnce VSA and expanded Kernel-based Virtual Machine hypervisor support to enable Backup-as-a-Service consolidation. The high-end HP StoreOnce 6500 now provides system-wide deduplication over eight nodes via Federated Catalyst enhancements; enabling easier management compared to traditional single-node limited architectures such as EMC Data Domain.(8)
Accelerating business agility with IaaS, Cloud, Mobile, Big Data optimized converged systems
HP OneView helps streamline IT operations and increase automation which enable customers to increase IT staff efficiency. HP OneView's unique infrastructure management plane and automation across compute, storage and fabric dramatically reduces management complexity to deliver infrastructure services in as few as five clicks.
In order to accelerate business agility, HP OneView compliments IT infrastructure management simplicity with predictive analytics capabilities. The latest release of HP OneView has built-in HP Operations Analytics to empower customers with the tools to predict, prevent and pinpoint issues before they arise. Customers can expect faster problem resolution, from three days reduced to 30 minutes when using HP Operations Analytics(9) -- providing dramatic savings, higher service levels and business agility to anticipate needs ahead of demands.
The journey to a new style of IT begins with converged infrastructure designed for customers' most important workloads in IaaS, cloud, mobility and big data. HP ConvergedSystem 700 powered by HP OneView and HP Helion CloudSystem CS 200-HC brings together HP's best-of-breed compute, storage and networking components and uses HP OneView and Hyper-Convergence to deliver the promise of software-defined infrastructure
HP ConvergedSystems 700 integrates converged management with HP OneView to radically simplify everyday tasks, reduce OPEX and improve operational agility. This system allows customers to stand up new services up to 40 times faster by reducing time to order, deploy and provision infrastructure.(9)
The latest hyper-converged offering to HP's Converged System portfolio, HP Helion CloudSystem CS200-Hyper-Converged StoreVirtual provides customers an easy, open path to hybrid cloud delivery. Enterprises and service providers can now build and manage clouds for traditional and cloud-native workloads with simple deployment, management and support.
Supporting advanced cloud environments
IT, application and development/operations (dev/ops) teams can leverage new HP software-defined consulting and support services to help increase agility and obtain access to infrastructure resources in more flexible and efficient ways while delivering business value to their organization.
To further enhance support of and transition to the new style of IT, including advanced cloud environments involving dev/ops and HP Helion OpenStack, HP Datacenter Care provides a flexible, comprehensive, relationship-based approach to personalized support and management of heterogeneous data centers. HP Consulting Services for Software-Defined Infrastructure include the workshop, readiness and roadmap, architecture and design services to enable organizations to transform their IT infrastructure and become more dynamic and agile.
Pricing and availability
The HP Integrity Superdome X is available now through HP and worldwide channel partners, and the HP Integrity NonStop X is expected to be available in March 2015. Pricing will vary based on model and customer configurations.
HP 3PAR StoreServ 7440c Converged Flash Array is immediately available through HP and worldwide channel partners starting at $78,000.(12) The HP StoreServ Management Console will be available beginning December 15, 2014 at no additional charge as a part of the 3PAR Operating System version 3.2.1 MU2. HP 3PAR File Persona Software Suite will be available for production deployments in limited geographies starting January 2015 at $129 per usable TB.(13) HP StoreOnce Recovery Manager Central for VMware will be available worldwide January 2015 with prices starting at $2,500.