The world is changing rapidly – Each passing day brings a fresh set of innovations and tools in the market.
Jan 27, 2015 -- In fact, these technologies have effectively replaced the conventional methods – Various business operations are experiencing drastic change and have become more far-reaching, easier and quicker. I would like to share a classic example of how advanced tools have become a substitute to pen and paper – Revit.
The development of Revit has played a pivotal role in bringing about some really ground-breaking changes in the architecture and construction industry. The end-results are impeccably flawless, faster and highly cost-effective. And now, with more progress in this area; converting to BIM for Revithas gained great impetus.
Apart from laser scanned data for the Revit-powered project; the emergence of scan to BIM using Revit has shown excellent potential for construction professionals. Equipped with required capabilities, it brings exemplary solutions for complications by simplifying renovation work. Well, this technology has been quite well-known for some time now and the professionals across the globe are making the optimum use of it to deliver projects on time and save valued resources as well.
- Though, applied on renovation projects; it has slowly emerged as a powerful method to sort out several issues like extending a helping hand especially when it comes to scanning the structure for getting information from the existing one.
- This process utilizes the laser scanning technology which extracts the data from the structure and the information is recovered via laser beams which are usually pointed towards the building using hi-tech laser scanners.
- This entire scanning thing is the main catch of this process since it saves lot of precious time as compared to manual surveying.
- Manual surveying requires days and may be weeks to get an accurate measurement of the building and generating nearly flawless technical drawings. While, the hand scanning process gets finished in a smaller time-frame – And an accurate data acts like a cherry on the cake.
- Getting exact data of the structure can be called the more highlight of implementing laser scanning technology on project where renovation, refurbishment and retrofitting is required; such projects requires lot of time, energy and funds if manual surveying is undertaken.
- Moreover, this process involved point cloud technology, which is, in fact, the best thing to happen in the construction industry.
Talking about Point cloud; It is the coming-of-the-age process where one can acquire accurate and constructive data which becomes instrumental in providing very precise geometrical composition of the prevailing structure and assists in developing impeccable 3D models containing the actual conditions of the building.
BIM models developed using laser scanned data can undoubtedly provide excellent helping hand to renovation projects and make entire process extremely smooth and convenient for professionals.
Nikunj Patel is a design engineer working with Hi-Tech CADD Services for the past 4 years. He loves designing specialized industrial equipments and can always be found in the lab discussing, brainstorming & tweaking designs. He has also worked on architectural projects taking interest in every aspect of design & analysis.