Single Platform for Asset Reliability and Asset Integrity Analyses Now Also Manages Integrity of Safety Systems and Hazardous Processes
ORLANDO, FL, February 11, 2015 — Bentley Systems, Incorporated, the leading company dedicated to providing comprehensive software solutions for sustaining infrastructure, today announced the immediate availability of AssetWise APM V7.3. This enhanced version of Bentley’s asset performance management (APM) offering – an all-in-one analysis and information management software platform for asset reliability and asset integrity – now also advances process safety.
Alan Kiraly, Bentley senior vice president, server products, said, “Our AssetWise APM V7.3 meets the demanding requirements of reliability, integrity, safety, and maintenance managers and engineers in industries ranging from oil and gas, petrochemical, and mining and metals to power generation and other utilities. The software ensures assets are safe and reliable and that they are inspected and maintained to reduce or eliminate risk. Users further benefit from the elimination of unexpected downtime, increased asset availability and utilization, reduced maintenance costs, and support for regulations and safety standards, including ISA 84, IEC 61511, IEC 61508, and IEC 61882.”
AssetWise APM V7.3’s new process safety features help users manage the integrity of safety systems and hazardous processes, thereby preventing failures and catastrophic incidents and keeping people, assets, and the environment safer. Capabilities include safety instrumented function (SIF) analysis, safety instrumented systems (SIS), safety integrity level (SIL) and safety provisions, overrides, and incidents. AssetWise APM V7.3 also provides version control and approval, the analysis of loss of containment scenarios, and the identification and assessment of risks at the system level, as well as for related assets (risk matrix).
Other features of AssetWise APM V7.3 include the following:
- Spatial navigation – Maintenance, reliability, or integrity engineers can quickly identify assets in early warning alarm and/or work that needs attention by asset type or type of problem in a particular geographic area. Flashing alarms and asset health scores displayed on the map provide at-a-glance notification of the severity of the asset problems. Actions can be taken directly from the map, including viewing the asset’s i-model to understand the design basis and compare against the current condition.
- Production loss accounting – Users can quickly get started improving assets having a significant impact on production and maintenance costs. In addition, reliability leaders can easily identify “bad actor” assets, prioritizing asset improvement projects and reducing risk.
- Atmospheric storage tank (AST) analysis – Risk-based inspections have been extended to include support for AST analysis. Probability and consequence severity evaluations, confidence evaluations, remnant life, and next inspection date now support AST.
- Root cause analysis (RCA) diagrams – Expanded RCA capabilities include diagrams that aid in assessing root cause and accurately identifying and correcting the root causes of specific asset failures, as opposed to simply addressing their symptoms.
With AssetWise APM V7.3, users can also:
- benefit from its ability to leverage i-models (for the conveyance of AECO deliverables) to allow for immersive APM, visually guiding inspection and maintenance activities; this extends the value of mobile devices to operations by making it possible to bring the virtual model to the field and align it with the physical plant – enabling observed conditions of an asset’s performance to be analyzed and guidance provided as to best courses of action for peak performance and safety;
- develop risk-based reliability-centered strategies to define the proactive maintenance work and modifications required to optimize performance; the resulting program generates actionable, data-driven insights on asset performance and reliability;
- monitor asset condition and performance using tablet/mobile devices, and collect asset condition data from automated sources based on time and rules criteria;
- consolidate and analyze condition data from all sources of inspections and real-time monitoring devices with a centralized asset health dashboard; and
- access design and engineering information models when inspecting or performing corrective work on assets.
For additional information about AssetWise APM V7.3, visit Bentley Communities.
Bentley’s AssetWise provides information management supporting an asset strategy for improving and maintaining performance, regulatory compliance, risk avoidance, and optimizing maintenance, all built on a common platform. AssetWise provides the means to maximize asset performance aligned with asset management standards, including PAS 55 and ISO 55001.
AssetWise makes certain that assets are delivering value and meeting the needs of the business by providing operations, maintenance, and engineering with accurate and trusted information, when it is needed, to make smarter decisions, from capital planning through proactive asset care.
AssetWise applies leading information modeling and information management technologies to asset operations and, when combined with ProjectWise, provides a complete lifecycle information management solution for owner-operators.
More than 380 of the Bentley Infrastructure 500 top owners of infrastructure around the world are Bentley software subscribers. AssetWise solutions are advancing intelligent infrastructure, including for such owner-operators in oil and gas, mining, transportation, power generation and utilities with combined net infrastructure value of over $4.5 trillion.
For additional information about AssetWise, visit www.bentley.com/AssetWise.
About Bentley Systems
Bentley Systems is the global leader dedicated to providing architects, engineers, geospatial professionals, constructors, and owner-operators with comprehensive software solutions for advancingthe design, construction, and operations of infrastructure. Bentley users leverage information mobility across disciplines and throughout the infrastructure lifecycle to deliver better-performing projects and assets. Bentley solutions encompass MicroStation applications for information modeling, ProjectWise collaboration services to deliver integrated projects, and AssetWise operations services to achieve intelligent infrastructure – complemented by worldwide professional services and comprehensive managed services.
Founded in 1984, Bentley has more than 3,000 colleagues in over 50 countries, more than $600 million in annual revenues, and since 2006 has invested more than $1 billion in research, development, and acquisitions.
Additional information about Bentley is available at www.bentley.com and in Bentley’s annual report. For Bentley news as it happens, subscribe to an RSS feed of Bentley press releases and news alerts. Visit The Year in Infrastructure Conference for highlights of Bentley’s premier thought-leadership event. To view a searchable collection of innovative infrastructure projects from the annual Be Inspired Awards, access Bentley’s Infrastructure Yearbooks. To access a professional networking site that enables members of the infrastructure community to connect, communicate, and learn from each other, visit Bentley Communities.
To download the Bentley Infrastructure 500 Top Owners ranking, a unique global compendium of the top public- and private-sector owners of infrastructure based on the value of their cumulative infrastructure investments, visit www.bentley.com/500.
Bentley, the “B” Bentley logo, Be, MicroStation, and ProjectWise are either registered or unregistered trademarks or service marks of Bentley Systems, Incorporated or one of its direct or indirect wholly owned subsidiaries. All other brands and product names are trademarks of their respective owners.