May 12, 2015 -- UK based software developer, Oasys, will be demonstrating the latest version of their popular email management tool designed to save architect’s valuable time and resources through a more efficient administration system. Known as Mail Manager, the software will be on display at stand 3479 within the software pavilion at this year’s AIA Conference.
Typically, workers in knowledge based roles, spend at least one whole day a week checking and replying to emails1. Offering a fast return on a remarkably small investment, Mail Manager 6.1 is designed to support collaborative team and project working, by cleverly cataloguing subjects and removing message duplications.
Users are prompted to file emails to shared folders based on smart algorithms. This includes both sent and received items so that members of a wider organisational group can see how conversations with a particular client or individual have developed, providing a real knowledge base for staff.
Alec Milton, Managing Director, Oasys said:
“Email is here to stay for the business community. The sheer volume of emails sent and received means what we need is a better way to manage the information. For many, email is a ‘time vampire’ sucking time from the day which could be used to focus on their core responsibilities.
“Mail Manager 6.1 also has the ability to make email a powerful analytical tool. Analyzing conversation flows as part of ‘Social Mapping’, it can be seen at a glance if lines of communication are being followed correctly. For architects especially, seeing the conversations different members of a project team may have had about specifications or client needs ensures that nothing is missed or lost.”
This allows information to be made available to the wider team even if an employee has left the business rather than shutting off valuable information in a locked inbox.
Mail Manager was initially developed to help global engineering company Arup manage information more efficiently, but attracted so much interest from other industries that it has been developed so that it is easily integrated into any business - proving especially popular within the AEC industry. If you use Outlook, all your staff can be up and running with Mail Manager within hours.
The latest version, Mail Manager 6.1, has a clearer, intuitive user interface. Emails are filed in shared locations at the click of a mouse: and a super-fast search engine enables staff to find and retrieve information in seconds. Setting up folders and access rights to them is easy and intuitive for IT managers; who also benefit from increased security, reliable archiving and easier back up because Mail Manager stores email and its attachments on shared central servers, not in individual inboxes.
Mail Manager 6.1 is available as a free 30-day trail from www.oasys-software.com
1 McKinsey: the social economy
Notes for Editors
Mail Manager 6.1: Key Enhancements
- Updated user interface and new icons
- New "file on send" handler
- Filing dialog: New filter locations menu - filter by: all, used, unused or suggested
- Improved filing of sent messages
- Support for filing to ProjectWise
- Improved support for shared Outlook folders e.g. public folders in collection files
- Verification of Outlook folders (not fully implemented yet)
- Indexing and searching of Outlook folders
- Pause/resume indexing via the Search button
- Search dialog:
- Clear text buttons added to all text boxes
- Refine Pane: Subject and Body added
- Refine Pane: Rank options removed
- Index options moved to the Dashboard
- Filing Activity section includes additional information, filtering and options e.g. open from cache, edit filing location, copy to clipboard.
- New Search Status section provides information about the size of index, number of items indexed etc.
- Windows Explorer right-click "Copy Mail Manager Link" (similar to Send Mail Manager Link, but copies the link/s to the clipboard rather than adding to a new message)
- Support for Oasys Mail Manager Web Search
About Oasys: Established in 1976, originally as the software house of Arup, Oasys is now recognised as a leading commercial developer of engineering software for structural, geotechnical, crowd analysis and document management solutions. Its software is used by consultants, engineers and architects around the world, on collaborative projects ranging from single buildings to whole city districts and major infrastructure projects.
Oasys’ innovative software solutions are characterised by attractive, intuitive interfaces and the speed and power with which they enable users to test ideas quickly and cost effectively. They enable engineers to define and solve the most complex of design problems accurately, with complete confidence in their compliance with international standards and their compatibility with other leading packages. A key to the particular success of Oasys software is the superior quality of technical support provided by its team of engineers and software developers.
Please visit Oasys at www.oasys-software.com.
For more information please contact:
Graeme Dyce or Joanna Buggy
Grayling Email Contact
+44 (0)131 260 2363