Advanced VR Rendering and 3ds Max 2016 Compatibility in Latest Free Update
Sofia, Bulgaria – June 9, 2015 – Today, Chaos Group announces V-Ray 3.2 for 3ds Max. Now compatible with 3ds Max 2016, V-Ray 3.2 adds VR rendering capabilities and multiple V-Ray RT GPU enhancements. This free update also includes improved volume rendering, distributed rendering, and global illumination.
“VR is one of the most exciting things to happen to CG in the last decade,” said Vladimir Koylazov, Chaos Group Co-founder and Lead Developer of V-Ray. “Now V-Ray artists can easily view their designs in VR.”
VR Cameras – V-Ray 3.2 for 3ds Max adds two new VR camera types to render stereo cube maps and spherical stereo images for VR headsets such as Oculus Rift and Samsung Gear VR.
"Our clients are constantly expecting more sophisticated and immersive experiences to differentiate their projects," said Erik Altman, Managing Director at Steelblue. "The next evolution is and will continue to be VR experiences, so it's incredibly exciting that Chaos Group is supporting this progression at such a high level."
V-Ray RT GPU Improvements –
- Anisotropic highlights
- Composite map
- Output curves
- Texture baking
- UDIM support (MARI)
- QMC sampling on NVIDIA CUDA
“Customers are going to love V-Ray RT with QMC, the first commercial licensee of our Quasi-Monte Carlo sampling technology,” said Phillip Miller, Senior Director of Advanced Rendering Products at NVIDIA. “We worked closely with Chaos Group to help bring our mutual customers a new level of rendering speed and interactive quality when running on NVIDIA GPUs.”
Other New Features in V-Ray 3.2:
- New V-Ray Volume Grid adds support for OpenVDB, Field3D, and Phoenix FD volume grid formats. This allows users to import and render data from popular effects applications like Houdini and FumeFX.
- Add or remove distributed rendering nodes on the fly
- Updated Light Cache algorithm removes light leaks and improves animation
- New preview types for proxy objects – includes mesh simplification for optimized proxy display
- Faster rendering of hair and fur
- Intel Embree support for 3ds Max Hair & Fur and V-Ray Fur
3ds Max 2016
- Full support for new Physical Camera – co-developed with 3ds Max team
- Support for new Physical Camera Exposure Control
- V-Ray Lens Analysis Utility adds support for the 3ds Max Physical Camera
V-Ray 3.2 for 3ds Max is a free update for all V-Ray 3.0 customers. For users that downloaded V-Ray 3.20.01 last week, a new build coincides with this release – V-Ray 3.20.02. Login at chaosgroup.com to download.
About Chaos Group
Chaos Group creates physically-based rendering and simulation software for artists and designers. Founded in 1997, Chaos Group has devoted the last 18 years to helping artists advance the speed and quality of one of their most important tools. Today, Chaos Group’s photorealistic rendering software, V-Ray®, has become the rendering engine of choice for many high-profile companies and innovators in the design and visual effects industries.