REDWOOD SHORES, CA -- (Marketwired) -- Oct 07, 2015 -- Oracle (NYSE: ORCL) -- Commercial construction and construction management company Swinerton Builders deployed Oracle's Primavera P6 Enterprise Project Portfolio Management Cloud Service to strengthen project controls and collaborate more effectively with internal and external team members and partners -- while reducing IT costs and complexity. Swinerton can now also scale its enterprise project portfolio management (EPPM) environment rapidly and cost-effectively and better capture, share, and operationalize best practices to improve project delivery and customer satisfaction.
"In our business, where margins are tight, the ability to execute is paramount. Oracle's Primavera P6 Enterprise Project Portfolio Management Cloud Service enhances the way we share information and the speed at which we create value for our operations and customers," said Michael Murphy, corporate manager of project controls, Swinerton. "We can instantly share information that traditionally would have required creating and e-mailing separate reports and attachments. Now, our groups log in to the cloud to access the exact information that's important to them. Something as simple as being able to quickly mobilize information when we get new projects can make all the difference on hitting or missing milestones."
Swinerton has positioned itself for continued growth and project excellence with Primavera P6 Enterprise Project Portfolio Management Cloud Service. The company has used the solution to:
- Extend collaboration and project controls across the business: With the solution, Swinerton created a single repository for all project-related data that provides stakeholders with access to real-time data, supports continuous improvement and best-practices adoption across the company, and eliminates cumbersome, paper-based spreadsheets.
- Establish enterprisewide standards: Swinerton now has a complete and accurate picture of project performance and supports consistency across the firm using standards, which include codes and templates.
Gain new visibility into and control over critical projects: Today, key stakeholders -- including project managers, engineers, contractors, partners, and even project owners -- can instantly check the progress of active projects. The data within the job schedules is updated live, enabling teams to execute in real-time and access interactive activity charts via their mobile devices as well as PCs and laptops. Swinerton executives can also view critical data for all construction projects in progress across all divisions from a single screen -- providing unprecedented insight.
In addition to achieving this greater business agility, using the cloud-based Oracle solution helped Swinerton reduce IT costs and complexity, and the company can now focus less on IT and more on what it does best -- engineering and building new facilities. Specifically, Swinerton can:
- Ensure more-predictable IT costs: The Oracle cloud solution has eliminated the cost and risk involved with the need to purchase, deploy, and manage hardware infrastructure and application licenses.
- Access the latest EPPM technology in real time: Swinerton gets instant access to the latest functionality, empowering users with the most up-to-date capabilities. The cloud solution also alleviates strain on IT as it reduces the need to coordinate support for the application with the technology that sits below it.
- Scale up system users quickly and cost-effectively to match construction sector growth and project demand: This can all be done without the need for additional IT infrastructure investment. The group can add users in minutes, with the confidence that the process is managed by a world-class IT support organization.
Connect more stakeholders -- anytime, anywhere: The flexible, cost-effective model also enables Swinerton to roll out the solution to more stakeholders, such as partners and project owners, which widens visibility and collaboration while accelerating decision-making. And the system is accessible at any time, wherever the users are, enabling it to be even more responsive to the needs of operations and customers.
"Our teams expect the technology they need to be up and running when and where they need it, so having access to the necessary expertise to handle updates and technology gaps associated with emerging and changing software is a must," said Murphy. "With Oracle Cloud offerings, we benefit from a world-class team of global resources that is focused 24/7 on ensuring optimal performance of our Primavera environment -- allowing us to focus on innovating our core business."
"To compete effectively in today's engineering and construction sector, firms need a technology solution that enables project teams to get organized and coordinated quickly," said Mike Sicilia, senior vice president and general manager, Oracle's Primavera. "As a cloud-based solution, Oracle's Primavera P6 Enterprise Project Portfolio Management Cloud Service is built for rapid deployment and scaling, giving organizations access to this proven technology quickly and cost-effectively. A complete, integrated project execution solution, Primavera P6 Enterprise Project Portfolio Management Cloud Service provides the transparency and visibility critical for optimized project management, from contract to completion."
For more information about Swinerton's deployment of Oracle's Primavera P6 Enterprise Project Portfolio Management Cloud Service, watch the webcast " Moving to the Oracle Cloud: Swinerton Builders Case Study." To learn more about Oracle's Primavera solutions, visit https://www.oracle.com/applications/primavera and connect on Twitter @OracleEPPM and at facebook.com/oracleprimavera.
About Swinerton Builders:
Swinerton Builders provides commercial construction and construction management services throughout the United States and is a 100-percent employee-owned company. Recognized nationally since 1888, Swinerton is the preferred builder and trusted partner in every market it serves -- proudly leading with integrity, passion, and excellence. For more information on Swinerton, visit its blog, Facebook, Twitter, LinkedIn, and Instagram.
Oracle and Java are registered trademarks of Oracle and/or its affiliates. Other names may be trademarks of their respective owners.