PALO ALTO, CA -- (Marketwired) -- Oct 19, 2015 -- HP (NYSE: HPQ) today announced the HP Chromebook14 to offer customers a premium experience with high resolution displays and long battery life in thin, colorful designs.
"HP is delivering new premium features that customers want on Chromebooks to create amazing experiences at an affordable price," said Kevin Frost, vice president and general manager, Consumer Personal Systems, HP. "We are excited to offer the new HP Chromebook 14 to give customers fun and function with a fresh color palette, bright displays and great battery life in thin, stylish and affordable designs."
New Colorful Chromebooks
Building on the success of its previous generation Chromebooks™, the HP Chromebook 14 is designed to bring remarkable experiences to customers. Offered in Turbo Silver and Sky Blue,(2) the HP Chromebook 14 starts at 3.94 pounds(3) and is 17.8 millimeters thin delivering up to 9 hours and 15 minutes of battery life with HD display.(4)
The 14-inch diagonal optional Full HD IPS(5) display looks great from any angle and the high-definition (HD)(6) display gives customers an amazing Chrome experience. Customers can use apps like Hulu or Netflix to stream video content right to the screen. For customers who want to view content on a larger screen, they can simply stream from their Chromebook to the TV in their living room with Google Chromecast.(7)
The fanless design enables the HP Chromebook14 to run quiet and is equipped with an Intel® Celeron® N2840 processor for fast internet access.(8) Included with the Chromebook is a complimentary 100 GB of Google Drive cloud storage for two years, giving customers plenty of space to store, share and collaborate on documents with Google Apps.(9)
Chromebooks and connectivity go hand in hand so the new HP Chromebook 14 comes with 12 free Gogo in-air internet passes(1) to keep customer connected when in flight. In addition, the customers will receive three free Google Play movie rentals(10) and 90 days of free Google Play music.(11)
Customers will get plenty of ports to enjoy great connectivity with one USB 3.0 port, two USB 2.0 ports, HDMI and a micro SD card reader. The HP Chromebook 14 supports a HP Sleep and Charge port via a USB 3.0 port for charging devices on the go.
Chrome at Work and School
Specifically designed for Small Medium Businesses (SMB) and educational customers who need secure and manageable devices that are easy to deploy, HP is offering the HP Chromebook 14 G4 in Turbo Silver. The Chromebook 14 G4 has built-in features such as multi-layered security, console-based management and enhanced virtualization and VPN connectivity for workplaces and classrooms. It is the first Chromebook to be verified for Citrix® Receiver 1.8 for Chrome, enabling access to applications, desktops and data easily and securely.(12) In addition to using the cloud infrastructure with Google Drive,(9) students and SMBs can also take advantage of up to 32 GB eMMC internal(13) storage to store documents or videos locally. Optional HP Care Packs(14) offer customers confidence in their investment beyond the one year standard limited warranty offerings.
Pricing and Availability(15)
HP Chromebook14 is expected to be available in the United States at
www.hp.com/go/chromebooks and select retailers on November 8, 2015 starting at $249.99. The Full HD HP Chromebook 14 starts at $279.99.
- The HP Chromebook 14 G4 is expected to be available in the United States in October starting at $279.
HP creates new possibilities for technology to have a meaningful impact on people, businesses, governments and society. With the broadest technology portfolio spanning printing, personal systems, software, services and IT infrastructure, HP delivers solutions for customers' most complex challenges in every region of the world. More information about HP is available at http://www.hp.com.
(1) In order to redeem the offer you must be on a Gogo-enabled domestic US flight. Must activate offer by 12/31/2015, any unused passes expire on 12/31/2016. Available in the US only. See
www.chromebook.com/goodies for more information.
(2) Colors vary by region.
(3) Actual weight will vary by configuration.
(4) Testing conducted by HP using Google Chrome OS power LoadTest. Battery life will vary and the maximum capacity of the battery will naturally decrease with time and usage. See http://www.chromium.org/chromium-os/testing/power-testing for test details.
(5) Full high-definition (FHD) content required to view FHD images.
(6) High-definition (HD) content required to view HD images.
(7) Chromecast device sold separately. Subscriptions may be required to access certain content. Performance of certain Chromecast features, services and applications depends on the device you use with Chromecast and your internet connection. Certain features, services and applications may not be available in all areas.
(8) Multi-Core is designed to improve performance of certain software products. Not all customers or software applications will necessarily benefit from use of this technology. Performance and clock frequency will vary depending on application workload and your hardware and software configurations. Intel's numbering is not a measurement of higher performance.
(9) The 100GB Google Drive offer is tied to this device and non-transferable; if returned, the extra storage will be revoked. In order to redeem, you will need to be on Chrome OS 23 or later. Internet access is required and not included. Additional information about storage plan refunds, renewals, cancellations and expiration is available at the Google website: https://support.google.com/Chromebook/answer/2703646?hl=en E
(10) Offer available on select movie titles only. See www.chromebook.com/goodies for more information.
(11) Must redeem by 1/31/2016. After 90 days the free trial will auto-renewal to monthly billing ($9.99 per month) unless you cancel the subscription. See www.chromebook.com/goodies for more information.
(12) Citrix® Receiver may be downloaded separately and can be utilized for customers who have already purchased Citrix XenDesktop.
(13) For storage drives, GB = 1 billion bytes. Actual formatted capacity is less. 5.1 GB of the eMMC are dedicated/allocated to the OS and OS partitions.
(14) HP Care Packs are sold separately. Service levels and response times for HP Care Packs may vary depending on your geographic location. Service starts on date of hardware purchase. Restrictions and limitations apply. For details, visit www.hp.com/go/cpc. HP services are governed by the applicable HP terms and conditions of service provided or indicated to Customer at the time of purchase. Customer may have additional statutory rights according to applicable local laws, and such rights are not in any way affected by the HP terms and conditions of service or the HP Limited Warranty provided with your HP Product.
(15) Estimated U.S. street prices. Actual prices may vary.
Intel and Intel Core are trademarks of Intel Corporation in the U.S. and other countries. Chromebook, Chrome OS, Google Drive, Google Play are trademarks of Google Inc.
© 2015 Hewlett-Packard Development Company, L.P. The information contained herein is subject to change without notice. The only warranties for HP products and services are set forth in the express warranty statements accompanying such products and services. Nothing herein should be construed as constituting an additional warranty. HP shall not be liable for technical or editorial errors or omissions contained herein.
This press release contains forward-looking statements that involve risks, uncertainties and assumptions. If such risks or uncertainties materialize or such assumptions prove incorrect, the results of HP and its consolidated subsidiaries could differ materially from those expressed or implied by such forward-looking statements and assumptions. All statements other than statements of historical fact are statements that could be deemed forward-looking statements, including but not limited to statements of the plans, strategies and objectives of HP for future operations, including the separation transaction; the future performance of Hewlett-Packard Enterprise and HP Inc. if the separation is completed; any statements concerning expected development, performance, market share or competitive performance relating to products and services; any statements regarding anticipated operational and financial results; any statements of expectation or belief; and any statements of assumptions underlying any of the foregoing. Risks, uncertainties and assumptions include the need to address the many challenges facing HP's businesses; the competitive pressures faced by HP's businesses; risks associated with executing HP's strategy, including the planned separation transaction, and plans for future operations and investments; the impact of macroeconomic and geopolitical trends and events; the need to manage third-party suppliers and the distribution of HP's products and services effectively; the protection of HP's intellectual property assets, including intellectual property licensed from third parties; risks associated with HP's international operations; the development and transition of new products and services and the enhancement of existing products and services to meet customer needs and respond to emerging technological trends; the execution and performance of contracts by HP and its suppliers, customers, clients and partners; the hiring and retention of key employees; integration and other risks associated with business combination and investment transactions; the execution, timing and results of restructuring plans, including estimates and assumptions related to the cost and the anticipated benefits of implementing those plans; the execution, timing and results of the separation transaction or restructuring plans, including estimates and assumptions related to the cost (including any possible disruption of HP's business) and the anticipated benefits of implementing the separation transaction and restructuring plans; the resolution of pending investigations, claims and disputes; and other risks that are described in HP's Annual Report on Form 10-K for the fiscal year ended October 31, 2015, and HP's other filings with the Securities and Exchange Commission. HP assumes no obligation and does not intend to update these forward-looking statements.