- New releases of Dell Recovery Manager for Active Directory (RMAD) and RMAD Forest Edition enable IT to quickly detect and recover changes made in hybrid Azure AD environments
- 33 million users managed by Dell Recovery Manager solutions now have support for hybrid Azure and on-premise environments
- Customers able to recover from forest-level AD disaster by as much as 95 percent faster than without Dell Recovery Manager
ROUND ROCK, Texas — (BUSINESS WIRE) — December 9, 2015 — Dell today announced the release of Dell Recovery Manager for Active Directory and Recovery Manager for Active Directory Forest Edition 8.7, which allow organizations running hybrid Active Directory environments with Azure AD Connect the ability to back up, view and restore changes to AD objects in real time on-premises and in the cloud. This announcement reinforces our commitment to helping organizations gain control of cloud deployments and future readiness while crushing cloud-adoption barriers that often include implementation costs and risk, disaster recovery and security. In fact, Dell is first to market with a complete suite of AD backup and recovery solutions that support item-level recovery, comparison reports, and attribute rollback capabilities that give IT the comprehensive control required for successful hybrid AD management. RMAD also give organizations the ability to perform on-premises automated forest-level recovery and create of a fully functional virtual lab environment, further reinforcing Dell’s complete hybrid AD management offerings.
Tackling the biggest challenges to managing AD environments
Dell knows its customers view cloud as strategic to their IT capability. The Dell Global Technology Adoption Index 2015 shows that 82 percent of mid-sized businesses now use cloud and 55 percent of organizations globally are using more than one type of cloud, so, Dell continues to design for the future with cloud in mind.
While cloud adoption is on the rise, most organizations are taking a hybrid approach. To support this model, Dell has developed a single, cost-effective and easy-to-use AD backup and recovery solution for both on-premise and Azure deployments.
Use RMAD to accelerate security investigations and recover from disasters and corruptions
- RMAD now integrates with Dell InTrust’s powerful IT Search capability, a web-based interactive search and store engine that speeds security investigations and audits. This provides instant insight into the relationships between data and users. A simple search allows users to get valuable insights into who changed critical Active Directory objects, as well as see modifications made within Recovery Manager. By viewing the before and after values, users can quickly restore changed AD objects to their previous state and Azure AD Connect synchronizes those changes to Azure AD.
- Recovery Manager allows for proactive disaster recovery testing by automating the creation of a virtual AD lab using production data. IT can get a clear view of how disaster recovery plans or new software will work without disrupting the production environment. Recovery Manager automates and simplifies the recovery of a forest or domain simultaneously in the event of a disaster and quickly restores the environment to a pre-corruption state.
Offering complete backup and recovery to take control of your entire hybrid AD environment
Dell Recovery Manager’s support for Azure with AD Connect includes item-level recovery, comparison reports, and attribute rollback. The solution’s on-premises AD support includes restoring DNS and Group Policy object restores. Also included are forest-level recovery, virtual lab creation, health checks, and AD management.
These capabilities reinforce Dell’s leadership position in providing a comprehensive suite of Active Directory backup and recovery solutions that manage item level restores to a full recovery from an on-premises forest-level disaster. More than 33 million users leverage Dell Recovery Manager solutions, including 47 percent of the Fortune 100 and 29 percent of the Fortune 500 industries that depend on it to add value to the business by minimizing downtime, safeguarding against data loss and reducing costs.
- Dell Software’s Recovery Manager for Active Directory and Recovery Manager for Active Directory Forest Edition 8.7 are currently available
- Dell Software’s InTrust 11.1 will be available later this month
- Customers may qualify for special promotional pricing for Recovery Manager, InTrust and other products integrated with IT Search.
- Dell solutions are available both direct and through channel partners
Brett Roscoe, vice president, product management, Dell Systems and Information Management
“Organizations running hybrid environments must have clear visibility into what’s going on in their Active Directory environment, and need the ability to restore unwanted AD changes before they can impact the business. Azure offers great value to customers, but without a simple yet comprehensive management solution it can increase complexity and introduce risk to the Active Directory environment. Other products in the market support Azure with AD Connect, but only Dell offers the most complete capabilities to address the hybrid Azure and on-premise AD environments.”
- Twitter: http://www.twitter.com/dellsoftware
- Facebook: http://www.facebook.com/dellsoftware
- LinkedIn: http://www.linkedin.com/groups/Dell-Software-4793472
- Dell Software YouTube: www.youtube.com/user/DellSoftwareVideo
Dell Inc. listens to customers and delivers innovative technology and services that give them the power to do more. For more information, visit www.dell.com.
Dell is a trademark of Dell Inc. Dell disclaims any proprietary interest in the marks and names of others.