Bentley Systems is now offering OpenBridge Modeler, new intelligent 3D parametric bridge analytical modeling software that leverages designs directly from Bentley’s civil design applications. Key capabilities include:
- Intelligent, parametric 3D bridge modeling for rapid and iterative design
- Seamless integration with Bentley’s civil applications to calibrate design to terrain, roadways, access ramps, and other related infrastructure
- Seamless integration with bridge analytics applications such as LEAP Bridge and RM Bridge for design, analysis, and load rating of bridges
- Enhanced visualization for lifelike renderings, traffic simulations, and more
- Clash detection to reduce interference problems, such as underground utilities interference before construction begins minimizing costly delays
- Construction simulation and planning to stage work and ensure constructability
The built-in and user-defined relationships among the bridge components allows controlled, automatic update of the model when geometric parameters change. Predictable and inevitable changes to requirements can therefore be easily managed and incorporated into designs throughout the project lifecycle.
OpenBridge Modeler's seamless integration with Bentley’s civil applications
allows users to calibrate design to terrain, roadways, access ramps, and
other related infrastructure.
OpenBridge Modeler includes design modeling capabilities including rendering and visualization, clash detection, dynamic views, scheduling, and construction simulation. The powerful parametric cross-section template provides freedom in modeling intricate shapes. Extensive libraries of commonly used structural and non-structural components makes modeling everyday bridges easier, creates realistic visualizations, and provides the detail for precise cost estimates.
With its ProjectWise integration, all stakeholders in OpenBridge Modeler workflows are connected and can share and reuse project data throughout the lifecycle of the bridge, supporting design, engineering, maintenance, and operations processes.
Raoul Karp, Bentley Systems, VP Structural and Bridge Analysis, states that“Federal, local, and private owners are realizing the value of 3D model workflows in the design, construction, and operations of bridges, and are more commonly mandating 3D-based models as a contractual deliverable. OpenBridge Modeler is a culmination and aggregation of generations of experience and Bentley technology. OpenBridge Modeler is built on a foundation ofBentley’s civil design, structural analysis, and structural detailing technology, together with specific new innovations for 3D bridge analytical modeling.”