SUNNYVALE, Calif., Feb. 17, 2016 — (PRNewswire) — Trimble (NASDAQ: TRMB) announced today the new ThingMagic® USB Pro RFID Reader, allowing solution developers to support applications that require desktop reading and writing of EPC Global Gen2 tags. Based on Trimble's best-in-class Micro LTE UHF RFID module, the new USB Pro RFID Reader is controlled and powered by a host PC or laptop through a USB interface that can support autonomous operation.
Applications for the ThingMagic USB Pro reader include:
- RFID tag programming stations
- Manufacturing work-in-process workstations
- Health care customer/patient care check-in and check-out applications
- Document tracking
- Event and hospitality solutions
- Retail point-of-sale
In addition, the USB Pro writes data more effectively to high-memory tags and reads small form factor tags, which are becoming more common across applications. The USB Pro is a simple, yet powerful solution and includes the following features:
- Compatibility with ThingMagic application development tools including Universal Reader Assistant and Autonomous Configuration tools
- Multiprotocol Gen2 (ISO 18000-63) tag reader, with optional ISO 18000-6B, ISO 18000-6D (IPx) and AEI ATA protocol support
- Instant read autonomous operation
- Two antenna ports – integrated and external
- +30dBm TX power (max) with dual USB/power cable
- Backward compatible with ThingMagic USB Plus+ Desktop Reader
- Read range adjustable up to 20 feet
- Android and Windows mobile platform support
- Configurable for worldwide UHF frequencies
- RAINTM (RAdio frequency IdentificatioN) standards compatible
"The USB Pro is a high performance version of ThingMagic's popular USB Plus+ desktop reader. Customers can address a wide variety of new use cases with little or no programming, making it an ideal solution for many businesses," said Brett Humphrys, general manager of Trimble's ThingMagic Division.
About Trimble's ThingMagic Division
Trimble's ThingMagic Division is a leading provider of UHF RFID reader engines, development platforms and design services for a wide range of applications. ThingMagic develops products for demanding high-volume applications and provides consulting and design services to create solutions for challenging applications. ThingMagic's customers include some of the world's largest industrial automation firms, manufacturers, automotive companies, retailers and consumer companies. Located in Woburn, Massachusetts, the ThingMagic business was founded in 2000 by a group of visionary PhD graduates from Massachusetts Institute of Technology's Media Lab. ThingMagic is "The Engine in RFID™".
For more information, visit: www.thingmagic.com.
Trimble applies technology to make field and mobile workers in businesses and government significantly more productive. Solutions are focused on applications requiring position or location—including surveying, construction, agriculture, fleet and asset management, public safety and mapping. In addition to utilizing positioning technologies, such as GPS, lasers and optics, Trimble solutions may include software content specific to the needs of the user. Wireless technologies are utilized to deliver the solution to the user and to ensure a tight coupling of the field and the back office. Founded in 1978, Trimble is headquartered in Sunnyvale, Calif.
For more information, visit: www.trimble.com.
To view the original version on PR Newswire, visit: http://www.prnewswire.com/news-releases/trimble-introduces-high-performance-usb-uhf-rfid-reader-300221198.html