Sharing technical drawings, schematics and more, hands-on or digitally, is made easy and efficient with the RICOH MP W6700SP
MALVERN, Pa., April 5, 2016 — (PRNewswire) — Ricoh USA, Inc. today announced the new RICOH MP W6700SP wide format digital imaging system, that enables users to capture, transform and share crucial architecture, engineering and construction (AEC) information quickly, conveniently and economically. Whether collaborators are in the office, on the manufacturing floor or on-site, this versatile, affordable multifunction device enables them to produce wide-format technical drawings, schematics, presentations and more, while at the same time sharing needed information via the scan function.
The RICOH MP W6700SP is ideal for growing AEC firms who are looking to drive increased productivity and efficiency without investing money and floor space to add significantly more devices to their fleet. In fact, users can drive even more productivity with the same hardware investment and real estate footprint due to the two-roll drawer that enables printing while scanning. Moreover, users can simply walk up and print A1/D-size wide format monochrome documents at a rate of nearly 7 pages per minute, or scan full color originals and send to recipients with the press of a button, or both, at the same time. An intuitive 9-inch color VGA operation touch panel enables users to take advantage of thumbnail previews and check their work to avoid any errors before sharing it with colleagues and clients.
"Architectural, construction and engineering firms are always creating and collaborating," said John Fulena, Vice President, Production Printing Business Group, Ricoh USA, Inc. "With many deadlines, regulations and other considerations to juggle, they need to be able to do that creating and collaborating when it works best for the project, not their devices. It was with these always-on use cases in mind that we designed the RICOH MP W6700SP with a two-roll drawer, so even when it's in use, it's ready for use: You can print or copy while you are scanning so you, your colleagues and your clients never miss a beat."
The RICOH MP W6700SP wide-format system also offers users the following features and benefits:
- Create and share, all at once: Users can share information with colleagues and clients around the world via 1200 dpi color scanning even while producing high-quality copies for in-room markup.
- Digitize information to speed up collaboration: Users can put information into the hands of the people who need it by distributing plans, maps and drawings electronically via high quality, built-in color scanning to e-mail, USB drive, SD card, folder, FTP site or document server.
- Ease of use for smooth multifunction workflows: With icon-based, one-touch control from an easy-to-use, 9-inch-wide, color VGA operation panel, users can move between tasks seamlessly and avoid lengthy downtime – even downtime incurred from when the device is already in use – with animated guidance to help access paper jams or changing toner, or tasks, easily from the front of the device.
- Protect information, secure more work: Advanced encryption tools, including Windows Authentication and PDF encryption, help thwart threats to password-protected information. DataOverwriteSecurity System (DOSS) overwrites latent images and data on the hard drive automatically. Jobs can also be held at the device until released by swiping an ID card or entering a password at the control panel.
- Manage the device from any location: Web Image Monitor allows documents and job details to be viewed and managed remotely. Nearly any file, in many formats, can be printed easily, even when managing files created in disparate applications. With the optional Ricoh PrintCopy Tool, users can print jobs and build sets — including TIFF, CALS, PDF and more — via a web browser, wherever their work takes them.
- Use powerful controllers for precise prints: Powerful PC drivers enable precise, accurate reproductions of browser-based CALS, HP-GL, HP-GL2, PDFs, TIFFs, and even direct AutoCAD files.
- A sustainable tool: The RICOH MP W6700SP is ENERGY STAR® certified and EPEAT® Gold1 rated.
To learn more about how the RICOH MP W6700SP can help you manage a variety of wide-format projects from one device, visit the Ricoh website for further information: www.ricoh-usa.com/rpp.
For details on Ricoh's full line of products, services and solutions for the production print market, please follow @RicohProPrint on Twitter and Ricoh USA Production Print on LinkedIn. Also, visit WorkIntelligent.ly to learn more about fueling collaboration for your organization to thrive in today's new world of work.
1 EPEAT rating is applicable only in the USA
| About Ricoh |
Ricoh is a global technology company that has been transforming the way people work for more than 80 years. Under its corporate tagline – imagine. change. – Ricoh continues to empower companies and individuals with services and technologies that inspire innovation, enhance sustainability and boost business growth. These include document management systems, IT services, production print solutions, digital cameras, and industrial systems.
Headquartered in Tokyo, Ricoh Group operates in over 190 countries. In the financial year ending March 2015, Ricoh Group had worldwide sales of 2,231 billion yen (approx. 18.5 billion USD).
For further information, please visit www.ricoh.com
© 2016 Ricoh USA, Inc. All rights reserved. All referenced product names are the trademarks of their respective companies.
To view the original version on PR Newswire, visit: http://www.prnewswire.com/news-releases/new-wide-format-solution-enables-aec-to-drive-productivity-collaboration-300246199.html
SOURCE Ricoh USA, Inc.
|Ricoh USA, Inc.