InfoLink eliminates complexities in facilities management with innovative web and mobile apps for accessing operational and archived documents
WALNUT CREEK, Calif., July 14, 2016 — (PRNewswire) — SKYSITE®, industry-leading software for construction professionals and facilities managers, today announced the release of InfoLink, a new cloud application designed to store, manage, access and distribute documents and information critical to the effective operation of buildings and other real estate assets.
InfoLink is now offered side-by-side with ProjectLink, the original SKYSITE application for active construction projects. Each solution can be used independently by separate teams, or they can be used in tandem to address information needs throughout the "plan-build-operate" lifecycle.
"We've managed both active project documents and facilities information for our customers for decades, and we understand their need for instant access, whether to meet project deadlines or in critical operating environments and during emergencies," said Suri Suriyakumar, CEO of SKYSITE. "That's why we've made SKYSITE bigger and better. Every document anyone will ever need to plan, build and operate a building can be found in one place, no matter where they are, with a simple tap, pinch and swipe interface."
ProjectLink was originally introduced in 2015 to manage and distribute the continually changing documents and information used in active construction projects. Through its use, construction professionals dramatically improve communication and collaboration using cloud and secure mobile access.
InfoLink, like ProjectLink, provides access to construction documents, but it is designed to include operational and logistical information, asset location information, and archived documentation necessary for efficient day-to-day facilities management. It also meets requirements for document retention policies and information governance procedures.
The new application makes it simple and easy for facility owners to accept a "closeout" set of documents at the end of a project that reflects the building as it was constructed (usually referred to as "as-builts"), complete with operating and maintenance manuals for its equipment, locations of key infrastructure, and emergency and life safety documents. Building supervisors no longer need to hunt for information in traditional, paper-based facility plan-rooms. Instead, they can access the information they need on a mobile device when and where they need it.
In addition, InfoLink includes features to manage document retention and document purging, automate information governance policies, and otherwise mitigate risks associated with outdated or irrelevant documentation.
John Montenero, Chief Procurement Officer at the City of Palo Alto, uses InfoLink across the entire city. "Working from InfoLink has delivered tremendous cost savings, more efficient employees, and quick access to information," he said. He selected the application because of its "ease of use, especially compared to the competition. It's cloud-based, and the solution is designed for the industry."
InfoLink provides owners and facility managers with the ability to store, sync, share and retrieve their documents and information from the cloud.
InfoLink drives process improvement and a superior user experience with:
- Powerful advanced search: fast document search due to InfoLink's ability to find information through customized search filters, including projects, folders and files, including Microsoft Outlook's .msg files with attachments and even document metadata, generating precise results within seconds.
- Two-way sync between mobile device/desktop and cloud: touch-based access to information. Robust document synchronization enables real-time sync of specific documents or an entire folder. InfoLink Sync has a unique ability to sync operations, maintenance, health and safety, and as-built documents with mark-ups, revision updates and annotation, keeping everyone on the team current and always using the right information to make decisions.
- Compliance, retention and information governance: InfoLink eases the burdens of regulatory compliance by classifying documents required for compliance, making them available on demand and mitigating risk by extending a department's ability to classify documents by type, as well as set a date to repose or purge. This enables an organization to implement a written retention policy with a solution that automates information governance digitally while mitigating risk.
- Data ownership and loss prevention: unlike alternative solutions, InfoLink is account-based, so the organization's content remains with the company, not an individual, resulting in the content ownership remaining with the company even after an employee's departure. InfoLink provides best-in-class cloud data infrastructure and security, with higher data availability, redundancy, security, and scalability when compared to generic information distribution tools.
InfoLink makes it easy for Architectural, Engineering, Construction & Operations (AEC&O) and facility management professionals to organize, manage, sync, search and share critical information on computers and mobile devices. Users can access and view more than 170 file types, Information access to building management/ operations staff for tenant improvement and to maintain health and safety and enjoy unmatched business benefits:
- Efficiency: cost and time savings on day-to-day operations, as a result of gaining faster access to documents and information.
- Effectiveness: one workflow enables superior document and information management and faster information access and collaboration, as it is designed for AEC&O professionals.
- Business continuity: no loss of information, as InfoLink offers company-based user accounts versus individual user accounts to prevent data loss and enable company control of content.
- Compliance and data governance: InfoLink offers enforceable and customized retention and purging policies, thereby reducing business risk and improving compliance.
- Replaces and consolidates the use of multiple software applications: convenient, user-friendly and comprehensive. InfoLink reduces costs, redundant data entry and storage, and human error from using more than one document and information management software solution.
SKYSITE develops information management software, mobile applications, and data management solutions for architects, engineers, construction professionals, and real estate owner/operators (AEC&O). Its applications eliminate the human errors and inefficiencies associated with paper-based document and information management in a construction or building operations setting. SKYSITE applications help reduce information management costs and increase efficiency, improve information access and control, and make collaboration faster, easier and better. Connect and engage with SKYSITE on Facebook, LinkedIn and Twitter.
SKYSITE® is a registered trademark of ARC Document Solutions.
To view the original version on PR Newswire, visit: http://www.prnewswire.com/news-releases/skysite-releases-infolink-app-for-facilities-management-professionals-300298504.html
Kerman Kasad at (778) 928-6670 or Email Contact