Raleigh, NC — July 03, 2010 — Building designers, facility managers and construction professionals will want to be in attendance at the RCI 2010 Symposium on Building Envelope Technology, November 8-9, 2010, at the Hyatt Regency on the Riverwalk at Paseo Del Alamo in San Antonio, Texas.
The two-day program will feature 12 different educational sessions presented by leading building envelope designers. Speakers will offer experience-based insights for specification of sound, durable building exteriors. Most programs will focus on repair and sustainable design methods for strengthening and improving existing exterior envelopes.
Leading building envelope product manufacturers will be present with displays of the latest products and services. Over 200 building envelope professionals are expected to attend.
Educational Presentations Will Include:
- Addressing Roof Leaks by Fixing a Wall Problem
- Lessons Learned from Curtain Wall Failure Investigations
- Cement Plaster Metrics: Quantifying Stucco Shrinkage and Other Movements; Cracking Acceptability Criteria for Evaluating Stucco
- Hidden Holes in Balcony Waterproofing Applications
- The Designer's Dilemma: Modern Performance Expectations and Historic Masonry Wall Systems
- Saving Our Facilities (and the World)
- When Horizontal Meets Vertical
- In Between: Designing Joints within Façades
- Metal Roofing: Platform for Renewable Energy Systems
- Not Your Grandfather's Windows: New Glazing and Fenestration Technologies to Meet Expanding Energy and Peak-Power Reduction Goals
- High-Performance Building Enclosures Cause Condensation and Indoor Air-Quality Problems: the Need for Integrated Design and New Investigation Protocols
- Rapid Building Failure
For more information, visit
www.rci-online.org/symposium.html or call 800-828-1902.
RCI is an international association of professional consultants, architects, and engineers who specialize in the specification and design of roofing, waterproofing, and exterior wall systems. RCI regularly hosts education programs designed to demystify and explain the application of roofing, waterproofing, and exterior wall technologies. For more information about RCI, visit www.rci-online.org or call 800-828-1902.
1500 Sunday Drive, Suite 2004
Raleigh, NC 27607-515