REDWOOD SHORES, CA -- (MARKET WIRE) -- Jan 27, 2011 -- Oracle (NASDAQ: ORCL)
- San Francisco Public Utilities Commission (SFPUC) chose Oracle's Primavera Contract Management solution as the backbone of a construction management information system (CMIS) for its $4.6 billion Water System Improvement Program (WSIP), one of the largest water infrastructure programs in the nation and the largest infrastructure program ever undertaken by the City of San Francisco.
- The WSIP is a program consisting of more than 86 projects across seven counties to repair, replace, and seismically upgrade the San Francisco Bay Area system's deteriorating pipelines, tunnels, reservoirs, pump stations, storage tanks, and dams. In 2010 WSIP had 22 concurrent projects underway with construction contracts valued at $1.1 billion.
- SFPUC evaluated 12 vendor solutions with the help of Parsons, a project management consulting firm, and chose Oracle's Primavera Contract Management based on document CMIS functions, overall functionality and potential integration with Oracle's Primavera P6 Enterprise Project Portfolio Management solution.
Standardized Business Processes for Improved Control, Efficiency and Productivity
- SFPUC's CMIS is a system of standardized business processes that are tailored to the WSIP organization for primary contract management by all staff, contractors and consultants for submittals, RFIs, meeting minutes, quality assurance inspection reports, correspondence/document control, drawing control, punch lists, non-compliance notices, environmental compliance reporting, change management, tracking pending cost of change orders, and applications for payment.
- Oracle's Primavera Contract Management has provided SFPUC increased visibility into the status and processing of documents at the project level for centrally-located regional and program management. This allows documents to be more efficiently passed from one station to the next.
- The solution also has helped increase record and workflow processes, record retention and document control in a consistent manner.
- "The electronic document storage capabilities in Oracle's Primavera Contract Management enable contractors and staff up and down the line to quickly get into the guts of an issue to review documents, manage projects and resolve issues in a timely fashion," said Emad Mansour, Construction Management Operations Manager, SFPUC.
- "SFPUC committed to creating a CMIS based on Oracle's Primavera Contract Management because of the ability to roll up information, and manage the WSIP project based on that information. The system is incredibly powerful," said E. Harvey Elwin, Deputy Director, Water System Improvement Program and Manager, Construction Management Bureau, SFPUC. "We are already seeing quite remarkable improvements in average transmittal and return times for RFIs and submittals. Eventually we will see the solution pay for itself many times over."
- "The Construction Management Information System that has been put in place for the WSIP is impressive; it is on the leading edge for managing programs of this type," said the WSIP Independent Peer Review Board.
- About SFPUC
- Oracle's Primavera Project Portfolio Management
- Oracle Named a Leader in Project Portfolio Management by Independent Research Firm
- Press Release: San Francisco Public Utilities Commission Enables Billing Services for 172,000 Water and Wastewater Customers with Oracle® Utilities Customer Care and Billing
About Oracle Applications
Over 65,000 customers worldwide rely on Oracle's complete, open and integrated enterprise applications to achieve superior results. Oracle provides a secure path for customers to benefit from the latest technology advances that improve the customer software experience and drive better business performance. Oracle Applications Unlimited is Oracle's commitment to customer choice through continuous investment and innovation in current applications offerings. Oracle's next-generation Fusion Applications build upon that commitment, and are designed to work with and evolve Oracle's Applications Unlimited offerings. Oracle's lifetime support policy helps ensure customers will continue to have a choice in upgrade paths, based on their enterprise needs. For more information on the latest Oracle Applications releases go to: www.oracle.com/applications.
Oracle (NASDAQ: ORCL) is the world's most complete, open, and integrated business software and hardware systems company. For more information about Oracle, please visit our Web site at http://www.oracle.com.
Oracle and Java are registered trademarks of Oracle and/or its affiliates. Other names may be trademarks of their respective owners.
Contacts: Danielle Cormier Oracle 1.610.766.3463 Email Contact Caroline Yu Vespi Oracle 1.650.506.8920 Email Contact