Gala will honor finalists and Award of Excellence winner on April 7 in NYCNEW YORK, Jan. 27, 2011 — (PRNewswire) — McGraw-Hill Construction's Engineering News-Record (ENR) has announced its Top 25 Newsmakers of 2010, a prestigious list of construction professionals who have made significant contributions to the industry and the public this past year. The Newsmakers and a to-be-announced Award of Excellence winner will be honored by more than 1,000 construction industry leaders at a black-tie gala at the Marriott Marquis in New York City on April 7.
Selected from a large pool of nominees judged by ENR editors, the Top 25 Newsmakers are:
- Jeffrey M. Baker, Director of Laboratory Operations, Office of Energy Efficiency and Renewable Energy, U.S. Dept. of Energy
- Joseph S. Collins, Crane and Heavy-Lift Consultant
- Marty Corrado, Project Executive, Field Operations, Skanska USA Building Inc.
- Christine Fiori, Geotechnical Engineer and Director of Undergraduate Programs, Virginia Polytechnic Institute and State University
- Gary Fore, Vice President (retired), National Asphalt Pavement Association
- Joseph E. Gott, Chief Engineer and Capital Improvement Director, U.S. Navy's Naval Facilities-Engineering Command
- Melina Harris, President, Sisters in the Building Trades
- Randy Holman, Program Manager and Deputy Director, Joint Program Management Office, U.S. Army Corps of Engineers
- Alan P. Jeary, Chief Technology Officer, STRAAM LLC
- Dennis Kamber, Senior Vice President and Director of Water-Resources Practices, Arcadis-U.S.
- Michael Kennedy, General Counsel, Associated General Contractors of America
- H. Dean McLure, President and CEO, TTL Inc.
- Gilberto Neves, CEO, Odebrecht Construction
- Marianne O'Brien, Principal, SmithGroup
- Gustavo J. Parra-Montesinos, Professor of Civil Engineering, University of Michigan, Ann Arbor
- Melinda Peters, Project Director, Inter County Connector, Maryland State Highway Administration
- Dennis C.K. Poon, Managing Principal, Thornton Tomasetti
- Timothy A. Reinhold, Senior Vice President of Research and Chief Engineer, Institute for Business and Home Safety
- David Rempel, Professor and Head of Ergonomics, University of California-San Francisco
- Paul C. Rizzo, President and CEO, Rizzo Associates, Inc.
- Dwayne Smith, Senior Engineer, URS Corp.
- Jim Stefanic, Operations Manager, Geotec Boyles Bros.
- Steve Underwood, Project Manager, MTI
- Robert C. Wible, Consultant and Project Manager, Alliance for Building Regulatory Reform in the Digital Age at FIATECH
- John Wood, Senior Vice President, Mortenson Construction
For more details on the Top 25 Newsmakers, visit http://enr.construction.com/people/awards/2011/0112-Top25Newsmakers.asp. To attend ENR's Award of Excellence luncheon and evening black-tie gala on April 7 in New York City, go to http://construction.com/events/2011/AOE/.
Sponsors of the 46th Annual Award of Excellence include AECOM, the Construction Management Association of America, FIGG, Hill International, McDonough Bolyard Peck, Inc., and United Rentals.
About McGraw-Hill Construction:
McGraw-Hill Construction connects people, projects and products across the construction industry. For more than a century, it has remained North America's leading provider of project and product information, plans and specifications, and industry news, trends and forecasts. McGraw-Hill Construction serves more than one million customers in the global construction industry through Dodge, Sweets, Architectural Record, Engineering News-Record, GreenSource, and SNAP. To learn more, visit www.construction.com or follow @mhconstruction on Twitter.
About The McGraw-Hill Companies:
Founded in 1888, The McGraw-Hill Companies (NYSE: MHP) is a leading global education and financial information company that plays a crucial role in the knowledge economy with leading brands such as Standard & Poor's, McGraw-Hill Education, Platts energy information services, and J.D. Power and Associates. The Corporation has approximately 21,000 employees with more than 280 offices in 40 countries. Additional information is available at www.mcgraw-hill.com.
SOURCE McGraw-Hill Construction
The McGraw-Hill Companies
Lisa Jaycox, Manager, External Communications, The McGraw-Hill Companies Information & Media
Kathy Malangone, Senior Director, Marketing Communications, McGraw-Hill Construction