ORLANDO, FL -- (MARKET WIRE) -- Apr 11, 2011 -- COLLABORATE '11 -- Oracle (NASDAQ: ORCL)
- To support effective technical and business decision making across the organization, Oracle today announced a new release of Oracle's AutoVue.
- The latest major release of Oracle's family of Enterprise Visualization solutions, AutoVue 20.1 delivers an enhanced, more robust enterprise class architecture that continues to serve all of an organization's document visualization needs within a single platform.
- From individual desktop requirements as a personal productivity tool to an enterprise wide visualization and collaboration solution, the new release provides a flexible platform capable of delivering engineering, asset and product information throughout the entire enterprise.
- To support the increased enterprise adoption of visualization solutions, AutoVue 20.1 includes significant performance, reliability and stability enhancements as well as new tools to simplify deployment, administration and minimize costs.
- AutoVue 20.1 also delivers new capabilities that enable partners and system integrators to build rich AutoVue integrations that visually enable business processes by connecting data, visual information and business applications.
- By synthesizing and presenting information visually in a variety of applications and business processes, AutoVue 20.1 enables customers to make better business decisions, capitalize on information, and drive business process innovation across the entire product/ asset lifecycle.
- AutoVue 20.1 delivers world class support for several new formats and includes many fidelity improvements for Electronic Computer Aided Design (ECAD), 3D and 2D Computer Aided Design (CAD) as well as PDF and Office document types.
A Single Visualization Platform for all Enterprise Users
- New productivity and industry specific capabilities improve business processes and workforce productivity by visually presenting information in the appropriate business context. These include:
- New ECAD features which support end to end design to manufacture processes: Customers in the electronics and High Tech space can now visualize work-in-progress designs via support of Cadence non-archived files while manufacturing engineers can perform thorough manufacturability reviews through better support of variants, overlays and polarity.
- Improved support for paper-based processes: Customers in asset-intensive industries that need to print a variety of engineering, plant and maintenance documents can take advantage of major printing improvements that enhance performance and stability.
- Partners can take advantage of the new integration enablement capabilities to build customized solutions and extend visualization throughout the enterprise. Integration enablement capabilities include:
- Hotspots: Enable visual navigation and actions and deliver tighter integration with enterprise applications by connecting visual information to structured data. With AutoVue hotspots, textual elements in a document or drawing are turned into hotspot links that can trigger actions or launch pages within other applications. This round trip visual navigation allows for improved operational and process efficiency by making information accessible from multiple environments and providing rich information context.
- AutoVue Document Print Services: With this new release of AutoVue's Document Print Services (DPS) partners and system integrators can build robust printing solutions which can serve to automate and process high volume printing operations of both business and technical document types. The new release also includes performance enhancements and new deployment options. This new release of DPS is available on both Windows and Linux platforms.
- Expanded Text Extraction APIs: These APIs have been extended to include support for Office document types and enable development partners to leverage AutoVue as a single source for all text extraction requirements. Partners can use one solution to extract and index text from any file type, including Office, 2D and 3D CAD, and build an optimized search index within other enterprise applications.
- Desktop Deployment Active X Integration: With this integration, Windows centric development organizations can embed the AutoVue user interface (UI) into other Windows applications to enable visualization capabilities within other solutions.
- "The latest release of Oracle's AutoVue includes many new integration enablement capabilities that allow partners to extend visualization into broader applications," said Chris Clark, sales director at Cad-Capture UK. "We are leveraging AutoVue's new Hotspot capability to develop integrations between different systems that allow our customers in the oil and gas space to view and easily navigate their piping and instrumentation diagrams. The enhanced integration capabilities delivered through AutoVue's Hotspot feature also allow us to automate the tagging of documents for easier search retrieval, which in turn helps customers improve document navigation and increase productivity."
- "Oracle's AutoVue Document Print Services (DPS) allow organizations to process high volume printing of both technical and business documents on any platform," said Marc Hebert, chief operating officer at Estuate. "This new capability allows us to build an integration that will provide customers with more robust printing capabilities from within Oracle EBS Enterprise Asset Management. This has significant benefits as it enables maintenance planners to easily create and print work order packets, improving the productivity of maintenance personnel and eliminating risks associated with manually assembling work order packets."
- "We have been impressed with the new capabilities and improvements for electronic computer aided design files (ECAD) and high tech product development workflows that are included in Oracle's AutoVue 20.1," said Charlie Davies, ECAE application engineer at Harris Corporation. "With AutoVue's new overlay capability and improved support for different file formats, our manufacturing engineers can easily ensure that manufacturing personnel have what they need to quickly assemble and verify printed circuit boards by overlaying the native design on a Gerber file. As issues identified during this process can be directly conveyed back to the design engineering team via AutoVue's digital annotations, we have been able to significantly improve our manufacturability review process."
- What's New in 20.1.0 Datasheet
- Oracle's AutoVue Enterprise Visualization Solutions
- Oracle's AutoVue Document Print Services
- AutoVue 20.1.0 Format Support Sheet
Oracle (NASDAQ: ORCL) is the world's most complete, open, and integrated business software and hardware systems company. For more information about Oracle, please visit our Web site at http://www.oracle.com.
Oracle and Java are registered trademarks of Oracle and/or its affiliates. Other names may be trademarks of their respective owners.
Contact Info Karen Hartquist Oracle +1.650.506.3552 Email Contact Simon Jones Blanc & Otus +1.415.856.5155 Email Contact