3D Visionaries to Show New Features and Production Techniques at MAXON Exhibitor Booth, #447
Newbury Park, CA – August 2, 2011, MAXON Computer, the leading developer of professional 3D modeling, painting, animation and rendering solutions, today announced the company’s exhibitor participation at SIGGRAPH 2011 – the leading convention for computer graphics and interactive technology professionals, taking place August 7th to 11th at the Vancouver Convention Centre, Vancouver, BC.
Earlier this week, MAXON announced the new CINEMA 4D Release 13 product line, the next generation of its industry-leading 3D motion graphics, visual effects, painting, and rendering software application. With all new character tools, integrated stereographic capabilities, stream-lined multi-artist collaboration and physical rendering, CINEMA 4D Release 13 builds on the company’s 25-year legacy of enabling digital content creators around the world to produce highly engaging content quickly and easily for a variety of industries. [ Editors’ note: see separate CINEMA 4D R13 announcement press release, http://www.maxon.net/en/news/singleview-default/article/maxon-unveils-cinema-4d-release-13.html .]
MAXON at SIGGRAPH 2011
MAXON kicks-off this year’s show with its annual “First Day of SIGGRAPH” press luncheon and briefing. The event, hosted by Paul Babb, MAXON USA President, is focused on the recently announced new version of CINEMA 4D, its award-winning line of professional 3D modeling, painting, animation and rendering software. [Note: This is an invitation-only event. Members of the press interested in attending, please contact Vicky Gray-Clark, Email Contact, indicating name and media outlet for consideration.]
Members of the press and all other SIGGRAPH attendees are invited to visit MAXON on the exhibit floor, booth # 447, where its breakthrough animation, visual effects and motion graphics solutions will be on display.
MAXON’s flagship software solution, CINEMA 4D, continues to be one of the fastest growing and most widely used 3D products for digital content creation. At the booth, guest presenters – some of the world’s most inspired 3D creative professionals from leading production facilities and design studios – will reveal insights and share techniques on an array of 3D topics while demonstrating CINEMA 4D’s blazing-fast performance and workflow benefits on highly acclaimed film, television, motion design and texture painting projects.
Guest presenters currently scheduled to showcase work created with MAXON software include:
- David Lewandowski, of David Lewandowski Animation in Santa Monica, Calif., will ‘dive into The Grid’ to reveal how his team, working in conjunction with creatives at Digital Domain, created the futuristic opening titles and animated graphics sequences on the blockbuster sci-fi film, Tron: Legacy.
- Nick “the Gorilla” Campbell, the online phenom behind GreyscaleGorilla.com , and uber CINEMA 4D user, will share innovative lighting and rendering tips used in recent 3D projects.
- Ian Kirby, Eric Wada and Vern Giammartino, creative artists at The Sequence Group, a Vancouver, BC-based full service motion design, animation and post-production studio, will provide an overview of the workflow used to generate 3D assets – including painted character and environment artwork – with exclusive content from Warner Bros. Red Riding Hood and Halo: Combat Evolved Anniversary.
- Ken Carlson, creative director at Big Machine Design, an award winning visual production company specializing in visuals for film titles, advertising, TV shows, games, and more, will demonstrate CINEMA 4D’s advanced rendering workflow used in a music video for Vaud and The Villains. As an R13 beta tester, he will also demonstrate new features in the software with an emphasis on how the studio combines the CINEMA 4D MoGraph module, matte paintings, stereo 3D and live action imagery on other high profile visual campaigns.
- Chris Broeska and Chris Korn, animators and CG artists at FUSE Animation the first and only Virtual Photography™ studio in the nation, specializing in quality imagery, animation, and special effects for print, web and broadcast, will show off the new character animation capabilities in CINEMA 4D R13.
- Sebastian Florand, 3D artist and director at fluffy4D, will provide a tutorial-style presentation also based on the advanced character animation toolset and workflow in R13 to demonstrate the ease in which they can be used to create life-like characters.
A complete schedule of guest presenter appearances will be available daily at the MAXON booth # 447 and on the MAXON Facebook page http://www.facebook.com/maxon3d.
MAXON Around the SIGGRAPH Convention
At the perennial SIGGRAPH “Birds of a Feather” series of informal presentations, and demonstrations for people who share interests on specific computer graphics-related topics, a prominent artist in the MAXON community will show cool motion graphics projects and share techniques using CINEMA 4D.
- Motion Graphics “Birds of a Feather” – Tuesday, August 9, 3:00 – 5:00 p.m.,Vancouver Convention Centre – West Building, Room 122
MAXON Booth Location and Hours
The MAXON booth at SIGGRAPH, #447, is located as follows:
Vancouver Convention Centre West
1055 Canada Place
Vancouver, British Columbia V6C 0C3 Canada
Exhibit floor hours are:
West Building, Exhibit Hall C
Tuesday, August 9th – 9:30 a.m. – 6:00 p.m.
Wednesday, August 10th – 9:30 a.m. – 6:00 p.m.
Thursday, August 11th – 9:30 a.m. – 3:30 p.m.
Members of the Press
To schedule a booth visit (or alternate briefing opportunity for those not attending SIGGRAPH) with Paul Babb, please contact Vicky Gray-Clark, Ambient Public Relations, (408) 243-8880, Email Contact, or feel free to stop by the MAXON booth, # 447. MAXON company representatives will also post news throughout the show on its Facebook and Twitter pages.
For those unable to attend the convention:
- Cineversity Live, the weekly live Q&A program hosted by MAXON each Wednesday at 11:00 a.m. Pacific, will post SIGGRAPH guest presenter videos as well as feature episodes throughout the month of August focusing on the new CINEMA 4D Release 13 starting August 3rd.
- A series of CINEMA 4D R13 tutorials is also available on MAXON’s training and education site, Cineversity.