High Density GPU Accelerated Servers Optimized for Enterprise and HPC Environments Provide Best Performance per Watt for Compute Intensive Applications, VDI, and Deep Learning Applications
SAN JOSE, Calif., March 17, 2015 — (PRNewswire) — GPU Technology Conference -- Super Micro Computer, Inc. (NASDAQ: SMCI), a global leader in high-performance, high-efficiency server, storage technology, and green computing today debuts its new 1U 4x GPU SuperServer® platform at the NVIDIA 2015 GPU Technology Conference (GTC) in San Jose, Calif. The new SYS-1028GQ-TRT supports up to 4 NVIDIA® Tesla® K80 dual-GPU accelerators (up to 300W) with a streamlined layout architecture that enables PCI-E direct connect for best signal integrity as well as elimination of complex cabling, repeaters, and GPU pre-heat for maximum airflow and cooling. The system also supports dual Intel® Xeon® E5-2600 v3 processors (up to 145W), up to 1TB ECC LRDIMM, 512GB ECC RDIMM, DDR4-2133MHz in 16 DIMM slots, 2x 2.5" hot-swap SATA drives plus 2x 2.5" internal drives, dual 10GBase-T ports and intelligent, cold redundant 2000W (1+1) Titanium Level high-efficiency power supplies. This high density compute platform is suited for high-performance computing clusters, 3D CAD/CAM/CAE, cloud and visualization, oil & gas, and deep learning applications.
"Supermicro is enabling a highly scalable, energy efficient future for parallel computing with our Green Computing solutions," said Charles Liang, President and CEO of Supermicro. "Our expertise in maximizing compute density, performance and power efficiency is highlighted in our latest 1U GPU SuperServer that supports up to four NVIDIA GPU accelerators and dual CPUs powered by our highest efficiency cold redundant Titanium Level digital power supplies. With an extensive range of SuperServer platforms in 2U 6x GPU, 4U 8x GPU, 4U 4-node FatTwin 12x GPU, and 7U SuperBlade supporting 30x GPUs Supermicro offers an unrivaled range of flexible configurations to meet any scale supercomputing challenge."
"Supermicro's new high-density servers provide a range of computing solutions for enterprise and HPC customers," said Sumit Gupta, general manager of Accelerated Computing at NVIDIA. "Designed to take full advantage of ultra-high performance Tesla GPU accelerators while minimizing power consumption, the servers bring new levels of energy-efficient performance for compute-intensive data analytics, deep learning and scientific applications."
NVIDIA Tesla GPU accelerators are a key part of the NVIDIA Tesla Accelerated Computing Platform, the leading platform for accelerating data analytics, deep learning and scientific computing.
Supermicro GTC 2015 highlights:
- 1U SYS-1028GQ-TR/-TRT – Supports 4 GPU accelerators with innovative non GPU-preheat architecture, dual Intel® Xeon® processor E5-2600 v3, up to 1TB DDR4 2133MHz ECC LRDIMM, 512GB ECC RDIMM in 16x DIMM slots, 2 hot-swap and 2 static 2.5" drive bays, and intelligent, cold redundant 2000W Titanium Level high-efficiency (96%) digital power supplies.
- 1U SYS-1028GR-TRT – Supports 3 GPU accelerators, dual Intel® Xeon® processor E5-2600 v3, up to 1TB ECC, DDR4 2133MHz in 16x DIMM slots, 4 hot-swap 2.5" SATA3 drive bays, 4 PCI-E 3.0 x16 slots plus 1 PCI-E 3.0 x8 LP slot, dual 10GBase-T ports, and redundant 1600W Platinum Level (94%+) digital power supplies.
- 1U SYS-1018GR-T – Supports 2 GPU accelerators, an Intel® Xeon® processor E5-2600 v3 or E5-1600 v3, up to 512GB DDR4 2133MHz ECC in 8x DIMM slots, 6 2.5" hot-swap SATA3 drive bays, and 1 PCI-E 3.0 x8 slot, 2 GbE, and 1400W Platinum Level digital power supplies.
- 1U SYS-1017R-WR – Super compact (16.8" short depth), cost effective SuperServer® supports a single GPU accelerator, single Intel® Xeon® processor E5-2600 v2, up to 512GB ECC DDR3, 1866MHz in 8x DIMMs, 2x 2.5" fixed SATA3 drive bays, 2x (x16) FH and 1x (x8) LP slots, 1x SATA DOM power connector, dual 1GbE ports, redundant 400W power supplies, Battery Backup Power (BBP(tm) option.
- 2U SYS-2028GR-TRT – Supports up to 6 GPUs accelerators, dual Intel® Xeon® processor E5-2600 v3, up to 1TB ECC, DDR4 2133MHz in16 DIMM slots, 10 hot-swap 2.5" SATA drive bays, 4x PCI-E 3.0 x16 slots plus 1 PCI-E 3.0 x8 (in x16) LP slot, dual 10GBase-T ports, and redundant 2000W Platinum Level (94%+) digital power supplies.
- 2U Hyper-Speed SYS-6028UX-TR4 – Supports 3 GPU accelerators, dual Intel® Xeon® processor E5-2600 v3, up to 1TB ECC, up to DDR4 2133MHz in 16 DIMM slots, 12 hot-swap 3.5" drive bays (SATA3 default, 12x SAS3 option; 4 NVMe option via AOC), 3 PCI-E 3.0 x16 slots (FH, 10.5" L), 3 PCI-E 3.0 x8 slots (1 in x16 FH 10.5" L, 1 LP, 1 Internal LP), 4 1GbE ports, and redundant 1000W Titanium Level (96%) digital power supplies.
- 4U SYS-4028GR-TR – Supports 8 GPU accelerators, dual Intel® Xeon® processor E5-2600 v3 (up to 160W), up to 1.5TB ECC DDR4, 2133MHz in 24 DIMM slots, 24 2.5" hot-swap SAS2/SATA3 drive bays, 8 PCI-E 3.0 x16 slots (double-width), 2 PCI-E 3.0 x8 (in x16) slots, 1 PCI-E 2.0 x4 (in x16) slot, dual 1GbE ports, and redundant 1600W Platinum Level (94%+) digital power supplies.
- 4U FatTwin™ SYS-F628G3-FT+ – Supports 12 GPU accelerators in 4 hot-plug system nodes each supporting dual Intel® Xeon® processor E5-2600 v3, up to 1TB ECC, DDR4 2133MHz in 16 DIMM slots, up to 2 3.5" hot-swap SATA drive bays, 3 PCI-E 3.0 x16 slots, 2 PCI-E 3.0 x8 low-profile slots, dual GbE ports, and 4 redundant 2000W Platinum Level digital power supplies.
- 4U/Tower SYS-7048-GR – Supports 4+1 GPU accelerators, NVIDIA GeForce SLI, dual Intel® Xeon® processor E5-2600 v3, up to 1TB ECC DDR4 2133MHz in16x DIMM slots, 8x 3.5" hot-swap, 3x fixed 5.25" and 1x fixed 3.5" drive bays, 4x heavy duty fans, 2x external exhaust fans, and 2x active heatsink with optimal fan speed control, redundant 2000W Titanium Level high efficiency (96%) digital power supply, passive GPU kit (MCP-320-74701-0N-KIT) and optional Thunderbolt 2.0 AOC.
- 7U SuperBlade®
- SBI-7128RG-X/F/F2 – Up to 120 GPU + 60 CPU per 42U Rack! Supports up to 2 K40M, K80, NVIDIA GRID™ K1/K2 GPU accelerators, dual Intel® Xeon® processor E5-2600 v3, up to 512GB ECC DDR4 2133MHz in 8 DIMM slots, 2x SATA DOM or 1x SSD; or up to 8x 2.5" SATA3 HDDs + 1x 2.5" SSD, onboard 10GbE (-X), single FDR IB port (-F), dual FDR IB port (-F2).
- SBI-7127RG3 – Up to 180 GPU + 120 CPU per 42U Rack! Supports up to 3 NVIDIA K20X/K40X SXM GPU accelerators, 2x Intel® Xeon® processor E5-2600 v2, up to 512GB DDR3 1866MHz ECC DIMM, 1x SATA-DOM (Disk-On-Module) supported, 1x USB flash drive, onboard BMC for IPMI 2.0 support, FDR-10 or QDR InfiniBand (40Gb) or 10Gb Ethernet supported via optional mezzanine card and dual-port 1GbE.
- Full range of single (UP) and dual processor (DP) motherboards supporting Intel® Xeon® processor E5-1600 v3, E5-2600 v3, and NVIDIA Tesla K10, K20/K20X, K40, and K80 GPU accelerators.
Visit the Supermicro booth (#819) at the NVIDIA 2015 GPU Technology Conference, March 17-20, McEnery Convention Center, in San Jose, Calif. For information on Supermicro's wide selection of GPU accelerated solutions, visit www.supermicro.com/GPU. For more information on Supermicro's complete range of high performance, high-efficiency Server, Storage and Networking solutions, visit www.supermicro.com.
About Super Micro Computer, Inc.
Supermicro® (NASDAQ: SMCI), the leading innovator in high-performance, high-efficiency server technology is a premier provider of advanced server Building Block Solutions® for Data Center, Cloud Computing, Enterprise IT, Hadoop/Big Data, HPC and Embedded Systems worldwide. Supermicro is committed to protecting the environment through its "We Keep IT Green ®" initiative and provides customers with the most energy-efficient, environmentally-friendly solutions available on the market.
Supermicro, Building Block Solutions and We Keep IT Green are trademarks and/or registered trademarks of Super Micro Computer, Inc.