REDWOOD SHORES, CA -- (Marketwired) -- Oct 21, 2015 -- Oracle (NYSE: ORCL) -- More and more organizations are taking on transformational projects involving multiple locations, internal and external stakeholders, and board-level visibility. But while organizations know they need to take on these projects, actually delivering the projects remains a challenge, as evidenced by declining on-time project delivery. The new release of Oracle's Primavera solution suite aims to solve this execution gap with a single solution for managing project cost, schedule, and scope needs.
The release includes new capabilities across the Primavera product portfolio -- Primavera P6 Enterprise Project Portfolio Management, Primavera Unifier, Oracle Primavera Prime, Primavera Analytics, and Primavera Gateway. All functionality is available in both cloud and on-premises deployment options and gives users the ability to:
- Manage detailed project scope and deliverables -- all in one, integrated suite: The solution suite offers capabilities for quantity-based budgeting and progress measurement, helping project managers to more precisely plan, manage, and deliver project scope. Organizations now can manage information in dedicated yet integrated cost, work, and project breakdown hierarchies, enabling unprecedented control of project delivery.
- Access role-specific information and collaboration capabilities: Project stakeholders now can access information via their mobile devices -- from the latest project details and real-time updates to integrated analytics for costs, scheduling, and business processes that provides the top-down visibility necessary for fast decision-making.
- Analyze and compare cost and schedule data across the enterprise: Users can quickly assess project health and take action when needed with new unified analytics views and configurable dashboards. The business intelligence solution offers prebuilt views as well as configurability that allows organizations to modify the dashboards to their specific needs, enabling them to effectively uncover trends, track performance, perform root cause analysis, and forecast costs and cash flow.
- Integrate with enterprise resource planning (ERP) systems for streamlined project management across the enterprise: Information for project portfolio management often originates in ERP systems making integration critical. Primavera enables two-way integration with ERP systems, giving project stakeholders access to in-the-moment updates so they can accurately and effectively calculate cash flow forecasts, manage budgets and commitments, and leverage existing management systems.
"There's a huge shift happening -- organizations are choosing to invest less in maintenance activities and more in innovation," said Mike Sicilia, senior vice president and general manager, Primavera Global Business Unit, Oracle. "This is fundamentally altering the definition of projects and how they need to be managed. It's all about execution and outcomes that drive real, sustainable value, making the question, 'How do we get this done?' mission critical. And as a leading provider of enterprise project portfolio management solutions, we are committed to helping organizations across all industries answer this question with one solution suite that is designed to meet the specific project management needs of all industries and offers both on-premises or cloud deployment options."
- Register for Oracle OpenWorld 2015, taking place October 25-29, and participate in the Primavera-focused session track
- Visit oracle.com/applications/primavera and connect on Twitter @OracleEPPM and at facebook.com/oracleprimavera
Oracle and Java are registered trademarks of Oracle and/or its affiliates. Other names may be trademarks of their respective owners.