AVEVA PDMS 12, is the latest generation of the leading plant design tool This release fully supports the Microsoft .NET user interface with highly interactive 3D graphical editing functions making it easier to learn, faster to use and a lot more productive.
"PDMS has long been acknowledged as the most powerful plant design system in the market. With AVEVA's unique, proven, object-based and global engineering technologies our clients have had unrivalled flexibility in the execution of complex global projects," said Richard Longdon, CEO of AVEVA.
"The release of PDMS 12 takes this technology platform to new heights of productivity. PDMS 12 delivers major innovations to our customers, ranging from improved productivity for individual designers through to increased overall project savings that result from significant improvements in data management and control.
The new features in PDMS 12 include:
- Extensive enhancements to the advanced engineering applications for designing equipment, piping, ducting, structural steel, and supports.
- The new access platforms, stairs and ladders application that allows the parametric design and easy modification of complex access configurations.
- The new catalogue and specification management application that reduces the effort and skill levels required to create and modify catalogues and specifications.
- A new Cable Design product that allows cables and cableways to be routed inside the PDMS model.
- New object associations that allow key relationships to be defined within the plant model and continuously monitored as the design progresses.
- A rule-based automatic pipe routing and quality checking feature as standard.
- Extensions to the PDMS configuration and customisation capabilities to allow Microsoft .NET compatible languages to be used.
- A new approach to P&ID integration. P&IDs from multiple authoring tools can be consolidated into a single schematic model which is managed within the AVEVA PDMS 12 environment. The schematic model can be used to build and compare with the 3D plant model using the new AVEVA P&ID Manager and AVEVA P&ID Integrator products which are introduced as part of AVEVA's open P&ID strategy.
AVEVA's principle of 'continual progression means that existing PDMS customers can easily upgrade.