Tighter “Hands-on” Workflows
The goal of the following new Bentley technology partnerships is to provide tighter “hands-on” workflows among design, engineering, and construction in support of integrated projects and design/build approaches to project delivery:
- Norconsult – This partnership makes PDMS 3D models (geometry and data) available for visualization and collaboration to non-PDMS software users. Norconsult’s importPDMS software application, in conjunction with MicroStation V8i, reads native PDMS.RVM graphics files and associated attribute data, produced as the output from a PDMS design modeling session, for direct conversion into an i-model. The resulting i-models with the converted PDMS data can be opened and viewed using MicroStation V8i, Bentley Navigator V8i, or Bentley View V8i.
- Motion Computing – Motion delivers integrated mobility solutions designed for real-time, point-of-construction computing, improving productivity, collaboration and quality while lowering costs. Running Windows 7, the company’s rugged tablet PCs are ideally suited for often harsh mobile work environments, and seamlessly integrate ProjectWise Explorer and Bentley Navigator (in cooperation with Adobe) for use by construction teams at the jobsite.
- SMART Technologies – SMART Boards combine an interactive whiteboard with computer technology, enabling users to easily access and share digital content. Bentley and SMART Technology are working together to provide an interactive visual collaboration solution enabling infrastructure professionals to share ideas and mark up designs in real time using Bentley Navigator V8i and the SMART Board, whether project teams are in the same room or located across the globe.
- Synchro Ltd. – Synchro offers an enhanced visual simulation approach to the management of construction projects by synchronizing design, planning and scheduling, supply chain management, risk management, and earned value measurement. This partnership will result in an integration between the Synchro construction project management products and ProjectWise, followed by i-model read and write support for Synchro products and a Synchro plug-in for Navigator.
- Tekla Corporation – Tekla Corporation, a software provider and driver of digital information models to the construction, infrastructure, and energy industries, and Bentley today announced a joint collaboration to further advance the interoperability of software within Building Information Modeling (BIM) workflows. The two companies are improving interoperability between the Tekla Structures BIM software and Bentley’s Integrated Structural Modeling (ISM) methodology.
- Vela Systems – Vela provides field management software for construction. As part of a larger strategy to extend the use of i-models into the field, the integration of Vela Systems and Bentley ProjectWise will streamline project review, inspection, commissioning, and handover to operations.
- Vico Software, Inc. – The Vico Office suite analyzes and tracks cost and schedule implications of design changes by satisfying the contractor’s requirements for bill of quantities, cost estimating, project scheduling, and production control in an integrated environment. Together, Bentley and Vico will integrate i-models within the design/build workflow, allowing construction teams to add and track their business data alongside the design team’s data and resulting in a comprehensive and integrated view of the project.
For additional information about ProjectWise for Construction, visit www.bentley.com/IntegratedProjectDelivery/specialoffers.
For additional information about ProjectWise for Revit Users, visit www.bentley.com/IntegratedProjectDelivery/projectwise+revit.
For additional information about ProjectWise V8i and Bentley Navigator V8i, visit www.Bentley.com/DynamicCollaboration.
For additional information about ConstructSim V8i, visit www.bentley.com/ConstructSim.
For additional information about ProConcrete, visit www.bentley.com/Products/ProConcrete.
For additional information about Bentley’s OpenPlant V8i products, visit www.bentley.com/openminds.
About Be Together: The Bentley User Conference
Be Together: The Bentley User Conference, taking place this week at the Pennsylvania Convention Center in Philadelphia, enables the architects, engineers, constructors, geospatial and operations professionals, and CAD managers who regularly exchange ideas virtually on the Be Communities professional networking site to connect, communicate, and learn from each other in person. In addition, guided by Bentley product experts, attendees acquire knowledge crucial to the adoption of information-modeling best practices as they earn Bentley Institute Learning Units to maximize return on time invested in professional development. The conference hosts nine tracks: Roads and Bridges, Structural, Water, Geospatial, Utilities and Communications, Building, Plant, AssetWise, and MicroStation and ProjectWise. For additional information about the conference, visit www.bentley.com/BeTogether.
About Bentley Systems, Incorporated
Bentley is the global leader dedicated to providing architects, engineers, geospatial professionals, constructors, and owner-operators with comprehensive software solutions for sustaining infrastructure. Bentley’s mission is to empower its users to leverage information modeling through integrated projects for high-performing intelligent infrastructure. Its solutions encompass the MicroStation platform for infrastructure design and modeling, the ProjectWise platform for infrastructure project team collaboration and work sharing, and the AssetWise platform for infrastructure asset operations – all supporting a broad portfolio of interoperable applications and complemented by worldwide professional services. Founded in 1984, Bentley has grown to nearly 3,000 colleagues in more than 45 countries and $500 million in annual revenues. Since 2001, the company has invested more than $1 billion in research, development, and acquisitions.
Additional information about Bentley is available at www.bentley.com and in Bentley’s annual report. For Bentley news as it happens, subscribe to an RSS feed of Bentley press releases and news alerts. To view a searchable collection of innovative infrastructure projects from the annual Be Inspired Awards, access Bentley’s Year in Infrastructure publications. To access a professional networking site that enables members of the infrastructure community to connect, communicate, and learn from each other, visit Be Communities.
# # #
Bentley, the “B” Bentley logo, Be, SELECT, MicroStation, ProjectWise, ProConcrete, AXSYS.Process, ConstructSim, and Be Communities are either registered or unregistered trademarks or service marks of Bentley Systems, Incorporated or one of its direct or indirect wholly owned subsidiaries. All other brands and product names are trademarks of their respective owners.