REDWOOD SHORES, CA -- (MARKET WIRE) -- Dec 01, 2011 -- Oracle (NASDAQ: ORCL)
- Oracle, today announced Oracle WebLogic Server, 12c, the latest release of the #1 application server for conventional systems, engineered systems and cloud environments.
- As the center piece of Oracle's Cloud Application Foundation, and a core part of the Oracle Fusion Middleware product family, Oracle WebLogic Server continues to deliver innovative new capabilities for building, deploying and running Java Platform, Enterprise Edition (Java EE) applications.
- Oracle WebLogic Server 12c provides significant enhancements to help customers and partners lower their total cost of ownership and derive more value from their current application infrastructure, while accelerating the development cycle and reducing time-to-market for their applications.
- Oracle WebLogic Server 12c is now certified for the full Java EE 6 platform specification, which enables higher developer productivity with standards-based, modern APIs, including Servlet 3.0, JAX-RS 1.1, Java Server Faces 2.1, EJB 3.1, Context and Dependency Injection for Java, and many others.
- Oracle WebLogic Server developers can now leverage Java Platform Standard Edition (Java SE) 7 features to create cleaner, more maintainable code.
- Oracle WebLogic Server provides out of the box support for dependency management and a uniform build process via an updated Oracle WebLogic Server plug-in for Apache Maven.
- The new Fusion Middleware component Oracle Traffic Director (OTD) directly integrates with Oracle WebLogic Server 12c to add high-performance and high availability traffic routing capabilities, along with dynamically configurable caching, load-balancing and proxy support for HTTP-based applications.
- Leveraging graphical tooling and open, PaaS Web Service APIs, Oracle Virtual Assembly Builder enables simplified configuration and packaging of multi-tier enterprise applications on environments virtualized with Oracle VM.
- Customers can leverage Oracle WebLogic Server 12c to meet their most demanding business needs with a reliable, available, secure platform.
- Improved integration between Oracle WebLogic Server and Oracle Real Application Clusters (RAC), which can auto detect and correct database node failures to help drive higher performance and simplify management.
- New disaster recovery capabilities allow customers to store data in either a file store or a database, including the option to store transaction logs in a database. It enables the use of database-integrated consistent replication technologies with Oracle GoldenGate and Oracle Active Data Guard for all dynamic application data including online, Java Message Service (JMS) and transaction logs.
- Improve application security with the Transport Layer Security (TLS) 1.2, the successor to SSL.
- Provides a seamless upgrade from Oracle WebLogic Server 11g.
- Oracle WebLogic Server is the highest performing application server available today.
- Integration with Oracle RAC enables customers to achieve 2-3x faster data speeds.
- Oracle Traffic Director can deliver a 3-4x performance boost to applications running on Oracle WebLogic Server and Oracle Fusion Middleware, compared to traditional web-based architectures. It is delivered on Oracle Exalogic Elastic Cloud where it has been optimized for extreme performance taking advantage of Intel's (R) Advanced Encryption Set and Integrated Performance Primitives to deliver maximum compression and SSL performance.
- Oracle WebLogic Server has recently achieved world record SPECjEnterprise2010 benchmark results including: World record multi-node result(1); Highest EjOPS per core(2); and World record dual-node result(3).
- Gartner, Inc. has placed Oracle in the Leaders Quadrant of its 2011 report, " Magic Quadrant for Enterprise Application Servers" (4).
- Oracle WebLogic Server is optimized to run as a high performance, mission critical, elastic cloud infrastructure on Oracle Exalogic Elastic Cloud, the world's first and only engineered system for cloud computing. Oracle Exalogic Elastic Cloud is tested and tuned by Oracle to provide the best foundation for Java applications, Oracle applications and other enterprise applications with blazing performance.
- Oracle WebLogic Server is also a key component of the new Oracle Java Cloud Service, an enterprise platform for developing, deploying and managing business-critical Java EE applications, which supports development and deployment from multiple Java-based integrated development environments (IDEs), including Oracle JDeveloper, NetBeans IDE and Eclipse.
- "With Oracle WebLogic Server 12c, customers can leverage the #1 application server to get more out of their existing infrastructure, dramatically simplify application deployment and management and accelerate time-to-market with developer efficiency innovations," said Cameron Purdy, vice president, Development, Oracle. "In addition, with Oracle WebLogic Server 12c, customers are better positioned to adopt cloud computing and can leverage their existing infrastructure to create private or public cloud architectures and then easily move back and forth between on and off premise infrastructure as their requirements change. Oracle WebLogic Server and Oracle Exalogic Elastic Cloud provide an ideal cloud application foundation with maximum performance, scalability and reliability."
- "Choice Hotels International, one of the world's largest lodging franchisors, with over 6,000 hotels worldwide, uses Oracle WebLogic Server as a strategic platform. Our Oracle WebLogic Server infrastructure handles over 3.2M requests each day, serving thousands of franchised properties, in a 24x7 environment with zero-downtime application deployments. We are excited about many of the innovations in Oracle WebLogic Server 12c, including full Java EE 6 support, faster application development, and better performance. With the new Oracle WebLogic Server 12c and Oracle Enterprise Manager 12c, we are excited to see new capabilities around automated configuration management, performance monitoring and diagnostics, and out-of-the-box monitoring which increases our staff productivity and further improves our quality of service by minimizing downtime," said Rain Fletcher, vice president, Applications Development and Architecture, Choice Hotels.
- "Oracle WebLogic Server 12c is exactly what I have been waiting for. Developing Java EE 6 applications for Oracle WebLogic Server has never been easier. Development, deployment, management and productivity have now been taken to the next level, which makes Oracle WebLogic Server 12c, in my opinion, the most reliable Java EE application server ever," said Markus Eisele, a German Software Architect and Consultant.
- Oracle WebLogic Server
- Oracle's Cloud Application Foundation
- Gartner, Magic Quadrant for Enterprise Application Servers
- Oracle Fusion Middleware 11g
- Oracle Exalogic Elastic Cloud
- Java Platform, Enterprise Edition
- Connect with Oracle WebLogic Server via Facebook, Twitter and YouTube
- Connect with Oracle Exalogic Elastic Cloud on Twitter and Facebook
About the Magic Quadrant
Gartner does not endorse any vendor, product or service depicted in our research publications, and does not advise technology users to select only those vendors with the highest ratings. Gartner research publications consist of the opinions of Gartner's research organization and should not be construed as statements of fact. Gartner disclaims all warranties, expressed or implied, with respect to this research, including any warranties of merchantability or fitness for a particular purpose.
Oracle and Java are registered trademarks of Oracle and/or its affiliates. Other names may be trademarks of their respective owners.
SPEC and SPECjEnterprise are registered trademarks of the Standard Performance Evaluation Corporation. All results from www.spec.org as of December 1, 2011:
(1) Oracle WebLogic Server 11g and Oracle Database 11g Release 2 with Oracle Real Application Clusters and Oracle Solaris running on a four-node SPARC T4-4 cluster, each system with four SPARC T4 3GHz processors, 40,104.86 SPECjEnterprise2010 EjOPS.
(2) Oracle WebLogic Server 11g and Oracle Database 11g Release 2 with Oracle Linux running on a Sun Blade X6270 M2 Server with two Intel Xeon X5690 3.4 GHz processors, 5,427 SPECjEnterprise2010 EjOPS.
(3) Oracle WebLogic Server 11g on a dual-node Cisco UCS B440 M2 server and Oracle Database 11g Release 2 on a Cisco UCS B460 M2 server each with four, ten-core Intel® Xeon® E7-4870 2.4 GHz processors, 26,118.67 SPECjEnterprise2010 EjOPS.
(4) Gartner, Inc., "Magic Quadrant for Enterprise Application Servers," by Massimo Pezzini, Yefim V. Natis, Kimihiko Iijima, Daniel Sholler, Raffaella Favata, September 26, 2011.
Contact Info Letty Ledbetter Oracle +1.650.506.8071 Email Contact Jacki DeCoster Oracle +1.650.633.7788 Email Contact