Quick Start Role-based Homepages™, Extensions for Microsoft Exchange and More
BOSTON — (BUSINESS WIRE) — December 17, 2013 — ARCHIBUS, Inc. ( www.archibus.com), developer of the #1 solution for real estate, infrastructure, and facilities management software in the world, announces the release of ARCHIBUS V.21.2, its enhanced and expanded flagship software solution.
The continuing evolution embodied in the release of ARCHIBUS Web Central V.21.2 presents a technology and a methodology that bends the IWMS cost curve to lower an organization’s Total Cost of Ownership (TCO).
ARCHIBUS V.21.2 features: a streamlined user interface with ARCHIBUS Quick Start™ role-based homepages; new and enhanced ARCHIBUS Mobile Framework Apps™; a new and more powerful ARCHIBUS Performance Metrics Framework™ for portfolio and operations analysis; and, enhanced ARCHIBUS Web Central™ applications and extensions which include Capital Budgeting and the ARCHIBUS Reservations Extension™ for Microsoft Exchange.
“From a Return-on-Investment standpoint, a growing body of evidence indicates that ARCHIBUS delivers a shorter time-to-value than competing, more expensive and complex products from other global competitors.” said ARCHIBUS founder and President/CEO Bruce K. Forbes.
“The comprehensive solution that ARCHIBUS delivers means that users can leverage features that make it easier for real estate, infrastructure and facilities management professionals to see what has to be done...and do it better while enabling organizations to realize great best-of-class results in less time and for less money. I suspect that ARCHIBUS’ continuous enhancements, such as these, are but a few of the reasons why ARCHIBUS, for the sixth time in a row, was named a Leader in the 2013 Gartner Magic Quadrant for Integrated Workplace Management Systems.”
Quick Start Role-based Homepages Enable Success in Just One Day
The ARCHIBUS Quick Start Role-based Home Pages for space and building operations are designed to increase productivity through streamlined views of related data and processes. In addition, videos, tutorials, and how-to instructions enable individuals and work teams to be productive in just one day.
Putting the "You" in Ubiquity with ARCHIBUS Mobile Apps
The ARCHIBUS V.21.2 Mobile Framework’s suite of new and enhanced Mobile Apps will enable “You”, wherever you are, to be more proactive, productive and responsive. The Mobile Framework delivers these Apps to a wide variety of browsers and devices using HTML5 technology. Within ARCHIBUS Web Central, the Mobile Executive Reports deliver immediate data access for executives who need metrics, alerts, and summary reports on their tablet mobile devices. The rapidly expanding suite of Mobile Apps now includes:
- Workplace Services Portal: Facilitates the central exchange and processing of requests for a variety of workplace services including reserving rooms and hoteling spaces, as well as locating people or offices and other facilities.
- Incidents Reporting: Supports reporting of environmental, health and safety (EH&S) incidents and details.
- Space Book: Provides all facilities staff with quick and easy access to key building data and drawings on their mobile devices and also enables them to conduct paperless space surveys that are initiated in the field.
- Space and Occupancy Survey: Enables updating of time-based space allocation information including updates to employee location and room information.
- Maintenance: Accelerates the process of updating and completing work while in the field, supporting the in-time completion of work, and helping to ensure the quality and accuracy of that information.
- Asset & Equipment Survey: Collects consistent data from the field on equipment assets.
- Assessment: Streamlines staff and contractor condition assessment, commissioning, and sustainability evaluations in the field.
Powerful Performance Metrics with Actionable Dashboard Data
ARCHIBUS V.21.2 contains more powerful, easier-to-use features built right into the backplane platform. With the new Performance Metrics Framework, for example, users can measure an organization’s facility, portfolio, and environmental performance and determine where improvements can be made.
The display of metrics data in the Performance Metrics Framework’s navigation pages is driven by a powerful and flexible statistical data engine capable of monitoring and analyzing all data within ARCHIBUS. These metrics display directly inside role-based homepages, which show one or more scorecards that reflect the job responsibilities of a user. Each scorecard shows an installation's chosen metrics in groupings that highlight work order status, portfolio performance, or other organizational concerns, and it measures the effectiveness, quality, and cost of activities addressing those areas of focus.
In addition, automated alerts notify users of any issues that need to be addressed immediately. Drill-down capabilities, even from Mobile Apps, now also provide the details required to resolve problems.
Enhanced Web Central Applications Improve Capital Budgeting and Management
Enhanced ARCHIBUS Web Central applications have been made even more indispensable with new capabilities and conveniences that will increase organizational productivity, financial management precision, and customer service. Some of the enhanced applications include:
- Capital Budgeting: Features a new Historical Project Analyzer, and Project Budget vs. Spend Analyzer.
- Project Management: Offers a Project Quality Control Dashboard, Commitment Progress Status reports, Work-in-Place Projections, and more.
- Space Planning & Management : Supports Workspace Transaction, Allocation, and Benchmarks.
- Building Operations Management : Provides a Service Level Agreement Wizard among other improvements.
- Room Reservations and Management : Introduces integration between Microsoft Exchange and the ARCHIBUS Reservations application, an ARCHIBUS plug-in for Microsoft Outlook...and much more.