The conference Day 2 begins.
Following a short white-board animation video about BricsAD 16 in pictures, CEO Erik de Keyser is now telling us about the Bricsys DNA. He stressed about the 40% R&D budget that Bricsys allocates year-on year and is going to continue. "Our DNA is in development. We have no sales people", said Erik.
Here are some key takeaways and summarized points from his innaugral address:
- Global development team - Russia, Romania, Belgium ^& Singapore
- Testing is an important part of our development activity. We are proud of it
- Transparency is a key DNA feature of Bricsys. Detailed bug fix reports, easily accessible staff.
- Flexibility & Reliability in what we do.
- API access & TECH Support is always free for BricsCAD user
- "Autodesk pushes 3D. We have embraced 3d"
- Direct modeling is disruptive modeling. History based model is really history now.
- "Collectively, let us be better than the original"
We are now watching the "Made with BricsCAD" movie - a showcase of REAL-world end-user achievements made using BricsCAD and vertical applications from partners
"Being a clone was never an option." said Erik de Keyser. "We are proud of the choices we made in the past 14 years and we have walked the talk and delivered on what we promised."
"We are proud of our developer network and our success is collectively due to our joint efforts" says Erik.
Erik wraps up the presentation promising to shown us the results of the last 12 months of committed development efforts by the entire Bricsys team.
Follow us Twitter: http://www.twitter.com/designsensesoft