EXTON, Pa., U.S.A. – February 8,2016– Bentley Systems, Incorporated, is pleased to announce the release of Bentley OpenUtilities, a new family of applications that enable utilities to design, map, and manage their networks with greater precision and efficiency. Bentley OpenUtilities supersedes Bentley Utilities Designer and Bentley sisNET to establish a common set of applications that enable utilities to increase productivity, accelerate projects, and reduce software costs. Key capabilities include the ability to:
- Design electric, gas, and water distribution networks, as well as wastewater and district energy networks
- Estimate material and work costs
- Create, assign, manage, and approve work orders in stand-alone mode or through integration with work management systems
- Maintain utilities network models and maps
- Improve network management with reports and analysis such as network tracing, leak detection, and outage planning
With Bentley OpenUtilities, users can design networks, estimate costs, manage work orders, maintain network models, and manage their network with reports and analysis. (Image courtesy of Bentley Systems, Inc.)
Bentley OpenUtilities consists of three applications for flexible and economical deployment in any size utility enterprise.
- Bentley OpenUtilities Map is an affordable, full-featured utilities-specific desktop GIS that enables improved network management with reports and analysis such as network tracing, leak detection, and outage planning. The application also helps utilities increase enterprise efficiency with the ability to publish, manage, and view precise network maps.
- Bentley OpenUtilities Designer is an enterprise-level GIS for design and management of utility networks. The software enables utilities to speed design with precise modeling and layout tools, lower project costs with on-the-fly cost estimation, and avoid project delays with built-in design work management. Bentley OpenUtilities Designer integrates with common enterprise GIS, providing utilities flexibility in implementation.
- Bentley OpenUtilities PowerView is a streamlined, cost-effective application to review, explore, and markup utility network designs and maps. The software helps engineering managers redline and approve work quickly, network managers make better decisions with reports and analysis, and field workers complete work orders faster with end-to-end network maps, equipment records, and markup tools. Users can complement Bentley OpenUtilities PowerView with Bentley Map Mobile to provide view and query capabilities from tablet devices in the field.
The initial release of Bentley OpenUtilities provides water, gas, and district energy utilities with outage planning tools to better plan maintenance and respond to unplanned outages. Electric utilities will benefit from an Electric Optimization tool that accelerates design by determining the proper sizes for primary conductors, distribution line fuses, distribution transformers, and secondary conductors.
Robert Mankowski, P.E., vice president, Simulation Product Management, Bentley Systems stated, “We are excited to consolidate Bentley’s utilities offerings to a new and common set of applications. These products provide a direct path forward for Bentley’s sisNET users. All of our utilities users will also benefit from the extensive spatial capabilities of Bentley Map, as well as Bentley’s mobile GIS applications.”