The new built airport is part of Georgia’s ambitious plans to develop tourism in Mestia. The beautiful medieval town with its stone defensive towers is part of UNESCO’s list of World Heritage Sites and also famous as ski-resort. With the unveiling of the airport on December 24th the building was designed and constructed within 3 months.
- Architects: J. MAYER H. Architects
- Project Team: Juergen Mayer H., Jesko Malkolm Johnsson-Zahn, Hugo Reis, Mehrdad Mashaie, Max Reinhardt
- Project: October – December 2010
- Completion: December 2010
- Client: Tbilisi International Airport
- Architect on Site: Beka Pkhakadze
- Construction by ANAGI ltd.,
- Photographs: J. MAYER H.
- Total Floor Area: 250 sq.m.