Article source: dmvA
A few years ago dmvA was requested to design an extension to an A-framed house in order to reconvert this holiday home into a comfortable, contemporary house.
This house is situated in a former recreation area and although municipality transformed this area into one with full residential use, one has to deal with specific building regulations.
- Architects: dmvA
- Project: Extension vB4
- Location: Brecht, Mechelen, Belgium
- Photography: Mick Couwenbergh
- Principal: Rini van Beek
- Team: David Driesen, Tom Verschueren
- General contractor: Eddy Leys (steel), Rudy Meyvis (carpentry), Boomse Glashandel (Glass)
- Constructional engineer: ASB
- Built area: 54 m2 and 26 m2 additioned
- Completion: 2011