Sumit Singhal loves modern architecture. He comes from a family of builders who have built more than 20 projects in the last ten years near Delhi in India. He has recently started writing about the architectural projects that catch his imagination.
Ichinomiya Flat-house renovation in Japan by tai_tai STUDIO
November 13th, 2017 by Sumit Singhal
Article source: tai_tai STUDIO
· It is a renovation design of an old wooden flat house.
· Old houses in this place near the sea are often built in a flat for wind protection.
· Since this house has been built for a long time, proper repair was necessary for structure and waterproofing.
· The lifestyle at the time of construction was outdated. Therefore, we had to change floor plan and increase flooring according to current lifestyle.
· By increasing the heat insulation performance of the insulation material and the window, the internal space can be increased widely and hight-celling.
· The internal space has been expanded by securing the structural balance while taking advantage of the existing building structure.
· We carefully arranged inexpensive industrial products (such as corrugated boards and windows of ready-made items) that can be obtained easily, and construction methods (such as boarding and plastering
Contact tai_tai STUDIO