Archive for the ‘Church’ Category
Tuesday, July 3rd, 2018
Article source: Fresneda & Zamora Arquitectura
Brácana always wanted its own church. The people from this district in Illora’s township (Granada, Spain), historically added since the Catholic Kings’s time to the Davila’s lineage (later Counts of Guadiana), were always spiritually assisted in outside temples of the village, either for their provenience to other urban centres like the nearby village of Alomartes, or their private character, case of the only religious building of the town: the particular oratory, then private chapel (1891) of the ancestral Lord D. Luis Dávila Ponce de León (IX count of Guadiana), restored by his heirs in 1940.
Image Courtesy © Javier Callejas Sevilla
- Architects: Fresneda & Zamora Arquitectura
- Project: Iglesia Parroquial en Brácana
- Location: c/ Iglesia s/n, Brácana, Granada, España
- Photography: Javier Callejas Sevilla
- Collaborating Architects: Palma Pajarón Bermúdez-Cañete. Architect, Néstor Cruz Ruiz. Architect, Rosa María Pérez de la Torre. Architect, Manel González de Ribot. Arquitecto
- Client: Parroquia Nª Sra. De las Mercedes of Brácana
- Engineering: Juan Fernández Cañedo
- Area: 202.61 m2
- Project year: 2016
Friday, June 29th, 2018
Article source: Chelsea Building Products
Everlast® Advanced Composite Siding Selected for Brick Lane Community Church Renovation Durable, Low-Maintenance Siding Ideal for Large Church Addition
Brick Lane Community Church in Elverson, PA recently built a large addition onto their existing facility and underwent an exterior renovation. The project called for siding on more than half of the exterior walls – but the building team at Stoltzfus Enterprises had not fully committed to one particular type yet.
Brick Lane Community Church began in the 1970s as an apartment bible study group, and has since grown into a local church family of about 400 members and attendees. The continued growth of the congregation required an expansion to the church’s sanctuary space.
Image Courtesy © Chelsea Building Products
Sunday, May 27th, 2018
Article source: MICROSCAPE architecture urban design ASSOCIATED ARCHITECTS
The Church of San Pellegrino in the historic centre of Lucca takes its name from its location which is on Via San Pellegrino, now called Via Galli Tassi: the northernmost route to the city of Lucca on Via Francigena.
Image Courtesy © Pietro Savorelli
- Architects: MICROSCAPE architecture urban design ASSOCIATED ARCHITECTS
- Project: San Pellegrino church restoration and outfitting of plaster deposits
- Location: Lucca, Italy
- Photography: Pietro Savorelli
- Work Supervision: MICROSCAPE architecture urban design AA
- Contractor: Lorenzini Pietro s.r.l., Moretti Restauri, S2 s.r.l., Tarchiani s.r.l., Tecno Service s.r.l.
- Size: 310 mq
- Project Assignment: 2015
- Site: 2015-16
Thursday, May 17th, 2018
Article source: iredale pedersen hook
The original site included the first church in the Mundaring region from 1903 (St Andrew’s Anglican Church) and gazebo (1980’s). Our clients purchased the church and site with the intent of adding a new residence.
Image Courtesy © Peter Bennetts
- Architects: iredale pedersen hook
- Project: Glen Forrest House + Church
- Location: Mundaring, Australia
- Photography: Peter Bennetts
- Structural Engineering: Terpkos Engineering
- Landscaping: Sue Torlach, Wild About Gardens
- Builder: Eze Construction
- Site Area: 1012m2
- House Area: 277m2
- Church Area: 65m2
- Gazebo Area: 30m2
- Completed: 2017
Thursday, May 3rd, 2018
Article source: ALPHAVILLE Architects Co., Ltd.
Responding to a dramatic growth in the foreign Catholic community in Suzuka, a new religious space is needed not only for worships but also social interactions. The Catholic Suzuka Church, presented by the Alphaville Architects, is an integration of multiple functions including a chapel, a community hall and residences for priests. Located in Suzuka, where the HONDA motor industry bases, the presented project is sitting on the cross junction of two major streets, with one being a newly built motorway and the remaining one being an ancient road connecting Tokyo and Osaka since Edo period.
Image Courtesy © Toshiyuki Yano
- Architects: ALPHAVILLE Architects Co., Ltd. (Kentaro Takeguchi + Asako Yamamoto)
- Project: Catholic Suzuka Church
- Location: Suzuka, Mie, Japan
- Photography: Toshiyuki Yano
- Main Contructor: Matsui Contrtaction Co., Ltd.
- Project Team: Tomohisa Koike
- Structural Engineer: Takashi Manda
- Site Area: 1619.53 m2
- Building Area: 839.51 m2
- Total Floor Area: 1588.85 m2
Friday, April 6th, 2018
Article source: Alvaro Siza Vieira
The church of Saint-Jacques-de-la-Lande will be the first church built in France’s Brittany region in the 21st-century. The project has been contracted to the Portuguese architect Álvaro Siza Vieira. Siza’s use of light and white concrete provide a unique ceremonial space that gently folds into the neighborhood south of Rennes, a residential area with five-story housing blocks.
Image Courtesy © Alvaro Siza Vieira
- Architects: Alvaro Siza Vieira
- Project: New Church of Saint-Jacques de la Lande
- Location: Saint-Jacques-de-la-Lande, France
Tuesday, April 3rd, 2018
Article source: Elisa Valero Ramos
Perfection is achieved, not when there is nothing left to add, but when there is nothing left to take away. In this way, the perfection of the invention resides in the absence of invention.
Antoine de Saint-Exupéry, The Land of People
On the tropical coast, south of Sierra Nevada, and very close to the sea, rises a slender tower that indicates the presence of a new church. The virgin vine that climbs its north facade seems to want to reconquer the gained land to the nature. It is a simple piece of concrete, close and accessible, set among the trees of an open garden.
Image Courtesy © Fernando Alda
- Architects: Elisa Valero Ramos
- Project: Church in Playa Granada
- Location: Rector Lorenzo Morillas Cuevas street, Playa Granada, Motril, Spain
- Photography: Fernando Alda
- Client: Parroquia Nuestra Señora del Carmen
- Constructor: Construcciones Calderon S.L.
- Constructed Surface: 891,20 sqm / 9592,79 sqf
- Work: April 2015 / July 2016
Sunday, February 11th, 2018
Article source: Edoardo Tresoldi
The intervention realized in the Archaeological Park of Siponto rebuilds and reinterprets the three-dimensionality of the ancient Early Christian basilica located close to the existing Romanesque church, which was erected 600 years later.
Image Courtesy © Blindeyefactory, EdoardoTresoldi and Le Basiliche
- Sculptor and Artist: Edoardo Tresoldi
- Project: Basilica of Siponto
- Location: Siponto, Italy
- Photography: Blindeyefactory, EdoardoTresoldi and Le Basiliche
Wednesday, December 20th, 2017
Article source: site specific – arquitectura, lda
The project was developed in the context of a close relationship between the Religious Congregation and the studio, which had its beginning with the renewal of Paulistas bookstores and has been developed over time, with the aim of reactivating some community assets together with the need to modernize the image of its commercial department.
Image Courtesy © do mal o menos . Eduardo Nascimento / João Fôja
- Architects: site specific – arquitectura, lda
- Project: Capela Jesus Mestre
- Location: Lisbon, Portugal
- Photography: do mal o menos . Eduardo Nascimento / João Fôja
- Client: Instituto Missionário Pio Sociedade de São Paulo
- Area: 350 m2
- Year: 2015
Friday, November 17th, 2017
Article source: KOMA Architects
This simple chapel located on a small road that leads from the city of Seosan to the coast of Anmyeondo Island has been renamed the Haneul Boseok Church (Heavenly Gem Church) to give an architectural connotation to this meaning. Through an abstract image, the Heavenly Gem Church recovers the symbolism of buildings and the meaning of place, which were the primary elements abandoned in church architecture following the emergence of modern functionalism. These more symbolic meanings were sought out and created one by one, adding a sense of delight to the process.
Image Courtesy © Namgoong Sun
- Architects: KOMA Architects
- Project: Heavenly Gem Church
- Location: 361-2, Chwipyeong-ri, Buseok-myeon, Seosan-si, Chungchengnam-do, South Korea
- Photography: Namgoong Sun
- Structure engineer: Eun Structural Engineers
- Mechanical engineer: Jusung ENG
- Electrical engineer: Hangil Engineering
- Construction: Kim, Taiyoul
- Built Area: 1,308.23㎡
- Completion Year: 2014