Archive for the ‘Church’ Category
Sunday, May 27th, 2018
Article source: MICROSCAPE architecture urban design ASSOCIATED ARCHITECTS
The Church of San Pellegrino in the historic centre of Lucca takes its name from its location which is on Via San Pellegrino, now called Via Galli Tassi: the northernmost route to the city of Lucca on Via Francigena.
Image Courtesy © Pietro Savorelli
- Architects: MICROSCAPE architecture urban design ASSOCIATED ARCHITECTS
- Project: San Pellegrino church restoration and outfitting of plaster deposits
- Location: Lucca, Italy
- Photography: Pietro Savorelli
- Work Supervision: MICROSCAPE architecture urban design AA
- Contractor: Lorenzini Pietro s.r.l., Moretti Restauri, S2 s.r.l., Tarchiani s.r.l., Tecno Service s.r.l.
- Size: 310 mq
- Project Assignment: 2015
- Site: 2015-16
Thursday, May 17th, 2018
Article source: iredale pedersen hook
The original site included the first church in the Mundaring region from 1903 (St Andrew’s Anglican Church) and gazebo (1980’s). Our clients purchased the church and site with the intent of adding a new residence.
Image Courtesy © Peter Bennetts
- Architects: iredale pedersen hook
- Project: Glen Forrest House + Church
- Location: Mundaring, Australia
- Photography: Peter Bennetts
- Structural Engineering: Terpkos Engineering
- Landscaping: Sue Torlach, Wild About Gardens
- Builder: Eze Construction
- Site Area: 1012m2
- House Area: 277m2
- Church Area: 65m2
- Gazebo Area: 30m2
- Completed: 2017
Thursday, May 3rd, 2018
Article source: ALPHAVILLE Architects Co., Ltd.
Responding to a dramatic growth in the foreign Catholic community in Suzuka, a new religious space is needed not only for worships but also social interactions. The Catholic Suzuka Church, presented by the Alphaville Architects, is an integration of multiple functions including a chapel, a community hall and residences for priests. Located in Suzuka, where the HONDA motor industry bases, the presented project is sitting on the cross junction of two major streets, with one being a newly built motorway and the remaining one being an ancient road connecting Tokyo and Osaka since Edo period.
Image Courtesy © Toshiyuki Yano
- Architects: ALPHAVILLE Architects Co., Ltd. (Kentaro Takeguchi + Asako Yamamoto)
- Project: Catholic Suzuka Church
- Location: Suzuka, Mie, Japan
- Photography: Toshiyuki Yano
- Main Contructor: Matsui Contrtaction Co., Ltd.
- Project Team: Tomohisa Koike
- Structural Engineer: Takashi Manda
- Site Area: 1619.53 m2
- Building Area: 839.51 m2
- Total Floor Area: 1588.85 m2
Friday, April 6th, 2018
Article source: Alvaro Siza Vieira
The church of Saint-Jacques-de-la-Lande will be the first church built in France’s Brittany region in the 21st-century. The project has been contracted to the Portuguese architect Álvaro Siza Vieira. Siza’s use of light and white concrete provide a unique ceremonial space that gently folds into the neighborhood south of Rennes, a residential area with five-story housing blocks.
Image Courtesy © Alvaro Siza Vieira
- Architects: Alvaro Siza Vieira
- Project: New Church of Saint-Jacques de la Lande
- Location: Saint-Jacques-de-la-Lande, France
Tuesday, April 3rd, 2018
Article source: Elisa Valero Ramos
Perfection is achieved, not when there is nothing left to add, but when there is nothing left to take away. In this way, the perfection of the invention resides in the absence of invention.
Antoine de Saint-Exupéry, The Land of People
On the tropical coast, south of Sierra Nevada, and very close to the sea, rises a slender tower that indicates the presence of a new church. The virgin vine that climbs its north facade seems to want to reconquer the gained land to the nature. It is a simple piece of concrete, close and accessible, set among the trees of an open garden.
Image Courtesy © Fernando Alda
- Architects: Elisa Valero Ramos
- Project: Church in Playa Granada
- Location: Rector Lorenzo Morillas Cuevas street, Playa Granada, Motril, Spain
- Photography: Fernando Alda
- Client: Parroquia Nuestra Señora del Carmen
- Constructor: Construcciones Calderon S.L.
- Constructed Surface: 891,20 sqm / 9592,79 sqf
- Work: April 2015 / July 2016
Sunday, February 11th, 2018
Article source: Edoardo Tresoldi
The intervention realized in the Archaeological Park of Siponto rebuilds and reinterprets the three-dimensionality of the ancient Early Christian basilica located close to the existing Romanesque church, which was erected 600 years later.
Image Courtesy © Blindeyefactory, EdoardoTresoldi and Le Basiliche
- Sculptor and Artist: Edoardo Tresoldi
- Project: Basilica of Siponto
- Location: Siponto, Italy
- Photography: Blindeyefactory, EdoardoTresoldi and Le Basiliche
Wednesday, December 20th, 2017
Article source: site specific – arquitectura, lda
The project was developed in the context of a close relationship between the Religious Congregation and the studio, which had its beginning with the renewal of Paulistas bookstores and has been developed over time, with the aim of reactivating some community assets together with the need to modernize the image of its commercial department.
Image Courtesy © do mal o menos . Eduardo Nascimento / João Fôja
- Architects: site specific – arquitectura, lda
- Project: Capela Jesus Mestre
- Location: Lisbon, Portugal
- Photography: do mal o menos . Eduardo Nascimento / João Fôja
- Client: Instituto Missionário Pio Sociedade de São Paulo
- Area: 350 m2
- Year: 2015
Friday, November 17th, 2017
Article source: KOMA Architects
This simple chapel located on a small road that leads from the city of Seosan to the coast of Anmyeondo Island has been renamed the Haneul Boseok Church (Heavenly Gem Church) to give an architectural connotation to this meaning. Through an abstract image, the Heavenly Gem Church recovers the symbolism of buildings and the meaning of place, which were the primary elements abandoned in church architecture following the emergence of modern functionalism. These more symbolic meanings were sought out and created one by one, adding a sense of delight to the process.
Image Courtesy © Namgoong Sun
- Architects: KOMA Architects
- Project: Heavenly Gem Church
- Location: 361-2, Chwipyeong-ri, Buseok-myeon, Seosan-si, Chungchengnam-do, South Korea
- Photography: Namgoong Sun
- Structure engineer: Eun Structural Engineers
- Mechanical engineer: Jusung ENG
- Electrical engineer: Hangil Engineering
- Construction: Kim, Taiyoul
- Built Area: 1,308.23㎡
- Completion Year: 2014
Monday, October 9th, 2017
Article source: SBG architetti
The aim of this restoration project was to preserve the architectonical complex of the Glass Church of Nostra Signora della Misericordia (Our Lady of Mercy) in Baranzate, retaining the original appearance of the building while updating it and adapting it to today’s requirements and the needs of the local community.
Image Courtesy © Marco Introini Photography
- Architects: SBG architetti
- Project: Baranzate Glass Church restoration
- Location: Baranzate, Italy
- Photography: Marco Introini Photography
- Software used: Autodesk, Autocad
Monday, September 18th, 2017
Article source: Atelier Štěpán
Church of St. Wenceslas in Sazovice is a modern rotunda and contemporary architecture built on conservative principles from Moravian architectural office Atelier Štěpán. The idea of building a church in Sazovice dates from the interwar period. In 2011 the people of Sazovice brought the idea again and founded the association of church building. The first important task was to find a particular location, which would help to amplify the spiritual sense of church. According to the masterplan, we discovered 4 possible sites for the building. Only one of them was in the heart of Sazovice perfectly linked with the surrounding building structure and its social connections.
Image Courtesy © Jakub Skokan And Martin Tůma / BoysPlayNice
- Architects: Atelier Štěpán
- Project: Church of St. Wenceslas
- Location: Sazovice, Czech Republic
- Photography: Jakub Skokan, Martin Tůma / BoysPlayNice
- Client: The Association of Church Building in Sazovice
- Author: Marek Jan Štěpán / Atelier Štěpán
- Cooperation: František Brychta, Jan Martínek, Tomáš Jurák, Jan Vodička, Hana Kristková
- Interior wall decoration: Vladimír Kokolia
- Contractor: Stavad s.r.o.
- Project: 2012–2015
- Realization: 2015–2017