Archive for the ‘Clinic’ Category
Monday, May 14th, 2018
Article source: as-built ARQUITECTURA
This project clearly establishes a two-way dialogue between the clinic and the square facing it.
Large, vertical, butt-joint glazed window panes without intermediate profiles flood the interior with a diffused northern light and completely open up the façade, allowing for the interior ceiling’s volumetric “game” – formed of prismatic shapes in shades of blue and white – to be viewed from the outside.
Image Courtesy © ROI ALONSO
- Architects: as-built ARQUITECTURA
- Project: Ferraces Dental Clinic
- Location: plaza doctor iglesia parga, 7-8, bajo c.p. 15402 ferrol (a coruña, españa
- Photography: ROI ALONSO
- Software used: Autocad
- Client: Ferraces dental clinic
- Project Team: MONCHO REY, architect / PABLO RÍOS, interior architect
- Area: 99 m2
- Year: 2017
Tuesday, May 1st, 2018
Article source: v2com
Located within a commercial complex, Go Orthodontistes clinic is accessible by a long hallway, which serves as a passageway between the exterior commercial complex and the carefully crafted universe that lies within.
In order to create a cohesive space of total design, it was necessary to conceive the interior space simultaneously with the elements of industrial design. The wood slats inform all interventions and the open layout, with its curved surfaces and reveals, mitigates confusion, favouring openness.
Image Courtesy © Maxime Brouillet
- Architects: Natasha Thorpe
- Project: Go Orthodontistes Brossard Clinic
- Location: Quartier Dix30, Brossard, QC, Canada
- Photography: Maxime Brouillet
- Client: Go Orthodontistes
- General Contractor: Avantage Plus
- Size: 1943 Square feet
- Year: 2017
Tuesday, April 17th, 2018
Article source: v2com
The New York—based architectural firm Pei Cobb Freed & Partners has been selected to design a major expansion to IESB Brasilia, an international university based in Brazil’s capital, that will more than double the size of the campus with new facilities and open space.
IESB’s inward-focused existing campus will be transformed by an L-shaped complex featuring a new academic allée and a generous entry precinct with facilities that serve both the university and the public.
Auditorium building, Image Courtesy © Pei Cobb Freed & Partners
- Architects: Pei Cobb Freed & Partners
- Project: Transformative Design for IESB Brasilia
- Location: Brasilia, Brazil
- Owner: Iesb brasilia
- Lead Designer: José Bruguera of Pei Cobb Freed & Partners
- Gross Area: 18,750 m2/201,800 ft2, plus 9,150 m2/98,500 ft2 underground parking
Tuesday, April 10th, 2018
Article source: Masquespacio
“Although the last years we have been focusing on projects related to hospitality and retail, we also like to face new challenges designing other projects like for an office space or in this case a dental clinic”, per Christophe Penasse, founder of Masquespacio.
Image Courtesy © Luis Beltran
- Architects: Masquespacio
- Project: Somriures
- Location: Av. Antonio Almela, 4 – Bajo 46250 L’Alcudia, Valencia, Spain
- Photography: Luis Beltran
- Contractor: Grupo Invalcor
- Surface: 120 m2
Friday, March 30th, 2018
Article source: PERIPHERIQUES MARIN+TROTTIN ARCHITECTES
Within the C.H.U. of Clermont-Ferrand, the project suggests to gather together the various departments of the GRED in a single equipment, which assembles research and teaching spaces with a breeding ground of companies and common services. This concept lets imagine new opportunities for exchange tools and knowledges as well as fruitful synergies, encouraged by the shape and functionality of the new building.
Image Courtesy © Luc Boegly
- Architects: PERIPHERIQUES MARIN+TROTTIN ARCHITECTES
- Project: Center of Bio-Clinic Research ( CRBC)
- Location: Clermont-Ferrand, France
- Photography: Luc Boegly
- Project Manager(s): Stéphane Raza, Maud Armagnac
- Assistants: Elodie Laurent, Barbara Bueno, Thilbault Dezellus, Vania Léandro, Heloïse Bossard, Julia Burdakova
- Technical Engineer: Egis Bâtiment Rhône-Alpes
- Acoustics: Peutz & Associés
Thursday, March 1st, 2018
Article source: Mecanoo
Zaans Medical Centre is the first lean hospital in the Netherlands. It is an efficient and compact building in which professional healthcare and a personal approach strengthen each other. Architecture, urbanism, landscape and interior are brought together in a coherent design. Clear routing, an abundance of daylight, and positive distractions contribute to an environment that does not feel like a hospital, but as a place that promotes wellbeing.
Image Courtesy © Mecanoo
- Architects: Mecanoo
- Project: Zaans Medical Centre
- Location: Zaandam, the Netherlands
- Photography: Thijs Wolzak, Mecanoo
- Client: Zaans Medisch Centrum, Zaandam; Vitaal ZorgVast, Bunnik
- Structural engineer: BAM Advies & Engineering, Bunnik
- Mechanical engineer: Ingenieursbureau Linssen b.v., Amsterdam
- Building physics consultant: DGMR Raadgevende Ingenieurs B.V., Arnhem
- Design: 2012-2014
- Realisation: 2014-2016
Tuesday, November 28th, 2017
Article source: CannonDesign
To offer the community access to leading-edge cancer, stem cell and surgical therapies , the client collaborated with doctors, scientists, nurses and engineers to build a world-class medical destination for patient-first care. Connected to Thornton Pavilion and located adjacent to a new research facility, the 509,500 sf, 245-bed Jacobs Medical Center is a translational medical center in the truest sense — facilitating the convergence of research, education and excellent clinical care.
The 509,500 sf, 245-bed Jacobs Medical Center is a translational medical center in the truest sense – facilitating the convergence of research, education and excellence clinical care, Image Courtesy © Christopher Barrett and Ethan Rohloff
- Architects: CannonDesign
- Project: Jacobs Medical Center
- Location: La Jolla, San Diego, California, USA
- Photography: Christopher Barrett and Ethan Rohloff
- Architecture Design Principal: Mehrdad Yazdani
- Client: UC San Diego Health
- Size: 509,500 SF
- Completion: 2017
Tuesday, October 10th, 2017
Article source: Mario Mazzer Architects
This project is an extension of “Centro di Medicina”, a medical private clinic located in Conegliano (TV), Italy. The new volume is connected to the original one through a suspended glass walkway.
South East view, Image Courtesy © Studio Gardin-Mazzoli
- Architects: Mario Mazzer Architects
- Project: Centro di Medina private clinic
- Location: Conegliano, Italy
- Photography: Studio Gardin-Mazzoli
- Structural engineer: Studio Sedi _ Engineer Roberto Pavan
- Construction company: Cazzaro Costruzioni
- Supervision: Arch. Mario Mazzer
- Bldg. area: 2.400,00 MQ
- Completed date: February 2015
Monday, October 9th, 2017
Article source: Marcos Miguelez
The starting point is the transformation of a space without previous use into a podiatry clinic.
The proposal seeks to solve the program through a continuous flow of natural light.
Located on the ground floor of a residential building, the clinic will be part of the new businesses created in a recently built neighborhood.
Image Courtesy © Antonio Vazquez
Thursday, August 31st, 2017
Article source: Marlon Blackwell Architects
The Harvey Pediatric Clinic is the new home of a thriving pediatric clinic based in Rogers, Arkansas. Situated in a land formerly dotted by the silhouettes of singular objects such as barns, sheds, silos, RV vehicles and semi-trucks, the building is a biological cousin to these different typologies. It is a silent, yet strong, contrast in figure and color to the excess of materials, weak forms, and beige tones that make up the everyday suburban landscape that surrounds the building.
Harvey Pediatric Clinic in Suburban Context, Image Courtesy © Timothy Hursley
- Architects: Marlon Blackwell Architects
- Project: Harvey Pediatric Clinic
- Location: Rogers, Arkansas, USA
- Photography: Timothy Hursley
- Owner: Pediatric Workplaces, LLC
- Client: Dr. Bryan Harvey
- Civil: Bates & Associates, Inc.
- Mechanical, Electical, Plumbing: HP Engineering, Inc
- Total construction cost: $2,989,058
- Gross square footage: 15,493 SF
- Completion Date: May, 2016