Archive for the ‘Entrances’ Category
Friday, July 6th, 2018
Article source: Velvet Projects
Located near the center of Barbate (Cadiz ) , El Campero supposed to have an intense and thorough experience with the bluefin tuna trap . In the kitchen the king is tuna . .
Image Courtesy © Francis rosso
- Architects: Velvet Projects
- Project: El Campero
- Location: Cádiz, Spain
- Photography: Francis rosso
- Project Manager: José Ramon Losada
- Size: 270m2
Sunday, May 27th, 2018
Article source: HERZOG & DE MEURON
The well-preserved gardens of the 17th century Villa Favorita, lining the shores of Lake Lugano at the foot of Monte Bré, are of great historical significance. The 13 romanticist buildings situated in the gardens were erected between 1687 and 1932. Their historicizing style is characteristic of Ticino architecture and, in fact, generally of the villas on the lake shores of northern Italy. Originally, the Villa Favorita was a freestanding, single ensemble of buildings between Lugano and Castagnola. Today it is surrounded by modernist blocks of housing from the second half of the 20th century. This modern architecture, is also a typical Ticino style, that emerged in response to the appeal of the Italian-speaking part of Switzerland as a second home and a financial center.
Image Courtesy © Studio Daulte
- Architects: HERZOG & DE MEURON
- Project: Castagnola
- Location: Lugano, Switzerland
- Photography: Studio Daulte, Dani Hunziker
- Client: Fausto Candolfi
- Partner in Charge: Jacques Herzog, Pierre de Meuron, Christine Binswanger
- Project Team: Martin Fröhlich (Associate, Project Director), Dieter, Mangold (Associate) bis 2011, Giulio Rigoni ab 2012, Christian Voss,Anna Jach, Alessandro Farina, Fernando Alonso, Hans Focketyn, Alexander Sadao, Franz, Martin Fröhlich, Yuko Himeno, Karina Hüssner, Kentaro Ishida, (Associate), Ondrej Janku, Mateo Mori Meana, Adriana Müller, Jochen, Seelos, Basil Spiess
- Construction Management: Encotech SAGL, Lugano, Switzerland
- Electrical Engineering: Pro Enggineering AG, Basel, Switzerland
- HVAC Engineering: Tebit Haustechnik AG, Binningen, Switzerland
Wednesday, May 16th, 2018
Article source: Schenker Salvi Weber Architekten ZT GmbH and feld72
Schenker Salvi Weber and feld72 shape the new corporate headquarters of Post AG on Vienna’s Rochusmarkt. The building ensemble is a composition of the highest quality which not only skilfully combines old and new but also features contemporary interior architecture which is distinguished by the open communication areas in the offices and the design of the mall. The integration of the building into the urban context enables it to enter into dialogue with its surroundings.
Image Courtesy © Bengt Stiller
- Architects: Schenker Salvi Weber Architekten ZT GmbH and feld72
- Project: Corporate headquarters of Post AG on Vienna’s in Austria
- Location: Vienna, Austria
- Photography: Bengt Stiller
- Client: Österreichische Post AG
- Team Schenker Salvi Weber: Stefan Dobnig, Balthasar Freise, Sven Mayer-Schwieger, Martin Maidl, Alexandros Merkouris, Teresa de Miguel, Andreas Grasser, Thomas Morgner, Hans Reumann, Tiago Santana, Pia Schmidt, Katalin Toth, Maria Luisa de Villalonga, Eva Andrasova, Simona Masarova
- Team feld72: Nicol Bolletta, Norbert Engelhardt, Christoph Frantes, Andreas Grasser, Astrid Jagersberger, Edoardo Nobili, Gerhard Oberhofer, Kayhan Önder, Wilhelm Scherübl, Wenzel Witt-Döring
- Full Service General Contractors: ARGE HABAU Hoch- und Tiefbaugesellschaft m.b.H. and ÖSTU-STETTIN Hoch- und Tiefbau GmbH.
- Structural Engineering: Gmeiner Haferl Bauingenieur
- Building Physics & Acoustics: IBO – Österreichisches Institut für Bauen und Ökologie
Friday, May 11th, 2018
Article source: OLARQ OSVALDO LUPPI ARCHITECTS
Form must be forceful. If not, it’s not form.
A double-storey volume of exposed concrete is embedded in the rock generating a cantilever that occupies a whole floor in the form of a wooden base.
Raw concrete, natural wood, black metal, water, rocks and vegetation are the only elements.
The crystal pool seems to float in the same water it contains. There are no windows, just the absence of walls.
Image Courtesy © Mauricio Fuertes
- Architects: OSVALDO LUPPI ARCHITECTS
- Project: Villa Boscana
- Location: Son Vida, Palma, Majorca, Spain
- Photography: Mauricio Fuertes
- Floor Area: 800 m²
- Year: 2011 – 2013
Wednesday, April 18th, 2018
Article source: VOX ARCHITECTS
A Large-scale project development of Clever Park business center is the result of successful collaboration between Alfa-Story construction company and Boris Voskoboynikov architectural studio since they were working together on Koltsovo (Yekaterinburg airport).
Image Courtesy © VOX ARCHITECTS
- Architects: VOX ARCHITECTS
- Project: Clever Park
- Location: Yekaterinburg, Russia
- Authors of The Project: Boris Voskoboinikov, Maria Akhremenkova, Maxim Frolov, Olga Ivleva-Neiter
- Project Area: 8000 m²
Tuesday, January 10th, 2017
Article source: Tengbom Architects
Helsingborg C, Knutpunkten has a new entrance, Södra entrén. The South entrance is far more than just a shortcut to the tracks, though. As well as a new passenger flow and a cycle hub, the new entrance is also a landmark and a destination that strengthens the city’s commercial ties.
The Municipality of Helsingborg has witnessed a sharp increase in traffic to and from the city. Looking forward to 2020, it is estimated that daily visitors will increase from the current figure of 22,000 to 32,000. This is a pressure that Knutpunkten – which was designed by Ivar Krepp in 1984–1991 – could not handle in its current state, which is why the decision was made to create a new exit and approach at the root of the track’s southern extension. Furthermore, the southern entrances were in a worse condition than the northern ones, which affected the flow of pedestrian traffic. Knutpunkten is currently undergoing a transformation and renovation, yet another task that fell on us.
Image Courtesy © Felix Gerlach
- Architects: Tengbom Architects
- Project: The South Entrance
- Location: Helsingborg, Sweden
- Photography: Felix Gerlach
- Client: The Municipality of Helsingborg
- Team: Patrik Ekenhill, Fajer Wennerberg (now at Wingård arkitekter)
- General contractor: NCC
- Area(s) of expertise: Infra, 3D-design
- Office: Tengbom Helsingborg
- Years of commission: 2014–2015
Tuesday, August 30th, 2016
Article source: IDIN Architects
Located near seaside context and rich natural ecologies of the mangrove beach of Bangkok’s outskirt – Bang Khun Thain, Habitia-H Club facilitates a recreational function as a clubhouse and a gateway entrance for a housing estate “Sansiri”. Habitia-H Club is a onestorey building situated in a 1,750-square meter site area with a 302-square meter floor area.
Image Courtesy © Spaceshift Studio
- Architects: IDIN Architects (Jeravej Hongsakul, Eakgaluk Sirijariyawat, Sethapong Phisitthawanich, Wichan Kongnok)
- Project: Habitia H-Clubhouse
- Location: Thian Thale28 Bang Khun Thian, Thailand, Bangkok
- Photography: Spaceshift Studio
- Landscape Architect: Group Three Design Co., Ltd.
- Owner: Sansiri
- User Capacity: 15-20 persons
- Building Area: 302 sq.m.
- Year: 2012-2014
Wednesday, January 20th, 2016
Article source: 2pm Architekci
The Park’s entrances are situated in a close vicinity to parking lots and public transportation stops where tourists start their visit to the Tatra Mountains National Park. They incorporate checkout desks, a tourist information (combined with a small bookshop), information boards, communications routes, resting spots, and toilets. The current buildings are more than a dozen years old, built in the Zakopane architectural style. They do not meet the requirements needed to serve touristic traffic. On the Park’s premises there are 17 such entrances, of different sizes. The competition work comprises the design of two of such entrances, Białego Valley (smaller) and Kościeliska Valley (of higher capacity), with the possibility of adapting them for the rest of the entrances.
Image Courtesy © 2pm Architekci
- Architects: 2pm Architekci
- Project: Entrances to the Tatra Mountains National Park
- Location: Poland Zakopane
- Team: Michał Adamczyk, Piotr Bylka, Piotr Musiałowski, Krzysztof Nowotka
- Investor: Tatra Mountains National Park
- 2015 Project: 1st prize
Tuesday, January 13th, 2015
Article source: Bauporte Design Entrances BV
Hyatt Place Amsterdam Airport is the first Hyatt Place in Europe and leads the way in renewable energy. A deep thermal storage system provides heating and cooling for the building. A central pump is connected to a hot and cold-water source, which supplies either warm water up to 45 degrees Celsius for heating or cold water for cooling the building.
Image Courtesy © Bauporte Design Entrances BV
- Architects: Bauporte Design Entrances BV, PBV Architecten
- Project: Hyatt Place Amsterdam Airport
- Location: Hoofddorp, The Netherlands
- Client: Hillgate Properties
- Contractor: Bouwbedrijf Wessels Rijssen
- Entrance: Royal Prestige Revolving Doors; model RP 3850 AYN
- Dimensions: Ø 3850 mm, height 3040 mm
Tuesday, November 25th, 2014
Article source: De Bever Architecten
The organization of financial services ‘’De Lage Landen’’, wants to implement ‘the new world of work’ in its organization. As a result, a new location was marked for the main entrance. This inner urban location is the inspiration for the design which resulted in an ultra thin, oval shed with a diameter of 16 meters. The spherical elliptical form has a circumference of 110 meters. It is by three attachment points connected with steel cables on the side walls of the main building and weighs 30 tons.
Image Courtesy © De Bever Architecten
- Architects: De Bever Architecten
- Project: The new world of work
- Location: Eindhoven, Netherlands
- Client: De Lage Landen, Eindhoven
- Realisation: 2011-2012
- Interior design: same-d, Voorburg