Archive for the ‘Event space’ Category
Monday, July 9th, 2018
Article source: nendo
The renovation project of the flagship store of Shiseido, the largest cosmetics company in Japan, started in 1872 as Japan’s first Western-style pharmacy in Ginza, Tokyo.
Image Courtesy © Takumi Ota
- Architects: nendo
- Project: Shiseido The Store
- Location: Ginza, Tokyo, Japan
- Photography: Takumi Ota, keta tamamura, Akihiro Yoshida
- Software used: Solidworks
Sunday, June 17th, 2018
Article source: Pelli Clarke Pelli Architects
The George S. and Dolores Doré Eccles Theater began as an urban master plan designed by Pelli Clarke Pelli Architects for an entire city block in Salt Lake City. Multiple stakeholders, the Redevelopment Agency of Salt Lake City, and private developers were involved in enhancing the development of the area, which included placing an air rights office tower and a performing arts center on the same block.
The George S. and Dolores Doré Eccles Theater is a contemporary, state-of-the-art theater located in Salt Lake City’s lively arts district. The luminescent and transparent lobby façade creates a beacon of activity on Main Street, Image Courtesy © Pelli Clarke Pelli Architects
- Architects: Pelli Clarke Pelli Architects
- Project: George S. and Dolores Doré Eccles Theater
- Location: Salt Lake City, Utah, USA
- Software used: Rhino, Revit
Thursday, June 7th, 2018
Article source: pbaa – piano b architetti associati
“Di Ponte in Bianco” is a temporary public art installation designed for the event “Aperti per Ferie 2016” organized by the cultural association Open City Roma. “Aperti per Ferie 2016” is part of the activities promoted by the municipality of Rome for the “Estate Romana”.
Image Courtesy © pbaa – piano b architetti associati
Friday, May 18th, 2018
Article source: buchanan architecture
The Charlotte and Donald Test Pavilion is a 3,700 square foot multi-function space located at “A Tasteful Place” in the Dallas Arboretum and Botanical Society. The facility overlooks a 3.5 acre garden filled with fruits, vegetables, herbs and flowers. A demonstration kitchen in the pavilion serves as a site for cooking classes, demonstrations, educational programs and special events for adults and children.
Image Courtesy © buchanan architecture
- Architects: buchanan architecture
- Project: Test Pavilion
- Location: Dallas Arboretum and Botanical Society, A Tasteful Place, 8525 Garland Road, Dallas, Texas, 75218 USA
- Software used: Autodesk, Autocad, SketchUp
- Landscape Architect:
- SWA Group:
- Chuck McDaniel, FASLA
- Leah Hales, ASLA
- Henry Dalton, ASLA
- Rob Rider, ASLA
- Rogers-O’Brien Construction:
- Leon Davis, Cary Hughes, Billy Large, Nate Moser, Adam Minter, Jonathan Morgan, Mark Tomamichel
- Status: Completed in October 2017
Friday, May 11th, 2018
Article source: GutGut
The building of Mlynica is part of a large post-industrial area of Light Building Materials in Bratislava. Since 1960s, porous prefabricated concrete blocks, slabs and panels have been produced here. Production took place until 1992. After privatization, the new owners sold off the complex and a gradual disintegration of the structures began.
Image Courtesy © Jakub Skokan and Martin Tůma – BoysPlayNice
- Architects: GutGut (Štefan Polakovič, Lukáš Kordík, Jana Benková, Tomáš Vrtek)
- Project: The Mill
- Location: Turbínová 13, Bratislava, Slovakia
- Photography: akub Skokan, Martin Tůma – BoysPlayNice
- Co-authors of Architectural Study: Roman Žitňanský, Patrícia Botková, Katarína Bergerová
- Author of Graphic Identity And Information System: Ľubica Segečová
- Plot Area: 2676 m2
- Built Area: 857 m2
- Net Floor Area: 3695 m²
- Built Volume: 20100 m3
- Implementation: (2016-2017)
- Project: (2015-2016)
Friday, April 20th, 2018
Article source: HASA Architects
HASA Architects has completed works to transform a derelict horticultural glasshouse at Highgate Bowl in North London into a new event space. The project, inspired by the frame and construction of the original building, explores the possibilities of this forgotten piece of the city by bringing it back into use through a series of small-scale interventions. These sensitive interventions take the form of new external and internal pathways, as well as rooms and furniture pieces that guide visitors through the large open bays of the glasshouse while framing views of the surrounding landscape and Bowl beyond.
Image Courtesy © Simone Bossi
- Architects: HASA ARCHITECTS
- Project: Highgate Bowl
- Location: Highgate, London, England
- Photography: Simone Bossi
- Client: Omved International Ltd – have been running an earth loving not for profit food production operation in the UK for 6 decades, namely Natco Foods. Whilst Omved Gardens is a private space, it is immersed in rejuvenating this part of the Highgate Bowl.
- Gross Internal Floor Area: 320 sqm
- Start on site Date: April 2017
- Completion Date: May 2017
Thursday, April 12th, 2018
Article source: SODA architects
In late 2017 and early 2018, with festival atmosphere, FNO (Fashion’s Night Out) Art Showcase created by VOGUE China and SODA will present in Beijing, Hangzhou, Chengdu and Shenzhen.
Image Courtesy © JIANG Yuan
- Architects: SODA architects
- Project: VOGUE FNO Showcase Installation
- Location: BeiJing, HangZhou, ChengDu, ShenZhen, China
- Photography: JIANG Yuan
- Lead Architects: JIANG Yuan, SONG Chen
- Gross Built Area: 50m2
- Completion Year: Dec. 2017
Thursday, April 12th, 2018
Article source: sporadical
The new-build sports hall adjoins the Dolní Břežany primary school. It can be used by the school for physical education classes, and is open to the public for sports activities and as a cultural venue. Well integrated with its surroundings and the public space, its modern look is an attraction and inspiration for the area. The sports surface is 45 × 25 meters, and the grandstand provides seating for 250 spectators.
Image Courtesy © Jakub Skokan, Martin Tůma / BoysPlayNice
- Architects: sporadical
- Project: Dolní Břežany Sports Hall
- Location: Dolní Břežany, Czech Republic
- Photography: Jakub Skokan, Martin Tůma / BoysPlayNice
- General Contractor: PKS stavby a.s.
- Collaborators: VPÚ DECO PRAHA a.s.
- Project Size: € 5.000.000
- Gross Area: 2130 m2
- Building Volume: 20 750 m3
- Site Size: 6500 m2
Monday, March 26th, 2018
Article source: Local 10 Arquitectura
Stand Ventura was part of one of the most important finishes trade fair in the United States and was done in 334.45 sq m. The client wanted to stand out by presenting a wide range of its collections and making clear for the visitor the difference between them.
Image Courtesy © Local 10 Arquitectura