Archive for the ‘Health Center’ Category
Monday, July 9th, 2018
Article source: Hufft
As an active non-partisan think-tank organization dedicated to health and wellness, the Kansas Health Institute (KHI) plays host to a revolving door of meetings and seminars throughout the week. KHI engaged Hufft to renovate the first floor of their historic building to maximize the efficiency, hospitality and capacity of their conference center. The resulting design provides a collection of meeting spaces that accommodate a variety of group sizes and meeting styles. The rooms include several closed-door cubbies for individual work and quiet contemplation, small meeting rooms for collaborative brainstorming, and a sequence of larger spaces with flexible partitions that can expand to accommodate presentations for up to 170 people.
Image Courtesy © Hufft
- Architects: Hufft
- Project: Kansas Health Institute
- Location: Topeka, Kansas, USA
- Software used: SketchUp, Revit
- Project Size: 8000
- Completion Date: 2017
Tuesday, July 3rd, 2018
Article source: Hariri Pontarini Architects
Hariri Pontarini Architects is honoured to announce that Casey House has been awarded the Governor General’s Medal in Architecture by the Royal Architectural Institute of Canada (RAIC).
Image Courtesy © doublespace photography
- Architects: Hariri Pontarini Architects
- Project: Casey House
- Location: Toronto, Canada
- Photography: doublespace photography
- Partner-in-Charge: Siamak Hariri
- Project Managers: Jeff Strauss & Edward Joseph
- Team: Michael Boxer, Howard Wong, Cara Kedzior, Rico Law, Andria Fong
- Landscape Consultants: Mark Hartley Landscape Architect
- Interior Design: IBI Group and Hariri Pontarini Architects
Wednesday, May 23rd, 2018
Article source: Looney Ricks Kiss
Crosstown Concourse is the metamorphosis of urban blight into a vibrant community. It is the rebirth of not just a building, but an entire neighborhood. Though initially conceived as a home for a small start-up arts organization, with plans to organically revive the structure over decades, the project evolved into a 1.3- million-square-foot “vertical urban village.” Rooted in historical context and flourishing on the ideals of common purpose, social transformation, and inclusivity, the building has achieved full occupancy in less than one year.
Image Courtesy © Chad Mellon
- Architects: Looney Ricks Kiss
- Project: Crosstown Concourse
- Location: Memphis, Tennessee, USA
- Photography: Jamie Harmon, Nicholas McGinn, Aerial Innovations, Chad Mellon
- Associate Architect: DIALOG
- Associate Architect: Spatial Affairs Bureau
- Sustainability: LEED Platinum BD+C: Core and Shell
- Developer/Owner: Crosstown Development
- General Contractor: Grinder, Taber & Grinder, Inc.
- Landscape Architect: Hood Design Studio
Tuesday, April 17th, 2018
Article source: v2com
The New York—based architectural firm Pei Cobb Freed & Partners has been selected to design a major expansion to IESB Brasilia, an international university based in Brazil’s capital, that will more than double the size of the campus with new facilities and open space.
IESB’s inward-focused existing campus will be transformed by an L-shaped complex featuring a new academic allée and a generous entry precinct with facilities that serve both the university and the public.
Auditorium building, Image Courtesy © Pei Cobb Freed & Partners
- Architects: Pei Cobb Freed & Partners
- Project: Transformative Design for IESB Brasilia
- Location: Brasilia, Brazil
- Owner: Iesb brasilia
- Lead Designer: José Bruguera of Pei Cobb Freed & Partners
- Gross Area: 18,750 m2/201,800 ft2, plus 9,150 m2/98,500 ft2 underground parking
Sunday, February 11th, 2018
Article source: NAN Arquitectos
Our customers were in the need to expand their business, so they have to move to a more surface space.
The premise was also expanding the functions of the clinic with a specific space for beauty treatments and gymnastics practices (mainly pilates), and increase the number of cabins for physiotherapy use.
Image Courtesy © Iván Casal Nieto
- Architects: NAN Arquitectos
- Project: Physiotherapy and Beauty Center SanaSana
- Location: Av. De Galicia nº20 (Porriño-Galicia / Spain).
- Photography: Iván Casal Nieto
- Team: Vicente Pillado, Wenceslao Lopez, Alberto F.Reiriz.
- Construction: Procon S.L.
- Area: 220 m2
- Year: 2015
Friday, February 9th, 2018
Article source: Ingenhoven Architects
Nestled in one of Europe’s most beautiful landscapes, the Lanserhof resort on the Tegernsee in Southern Bavaria offers 70 rooms and suites. Guests can enjoy preventative and regenerative treatments in this health resort. The Lanserhof combines luxury hotel facilities and state-of-the-art medical care under one roof.
Image Courtesy © Ingenhoven Architects
- Architects: Ingenhoven Architects
- Project: Lanserhof Tegernsee
- Location: Marienstein, Germany
- Client: Lanserhof Marienstein
- GFA: 21,000 sq m
- Execution: 2012 – 2014
Thursday, January 4th, 2018
Article source: Zaha Hadid Architects (ZHA)
Located above Tre Torri station on the M5 line of Milan’s Metro network, CityLife Shopping District integrates a new public park with indoor and outdoor piazzas, food hall, restaurants, cafes, shops and cinema as well as facilities for health and wellbeing.
Image Courtesy © Hufton+Crow
- Architects: Zaha Hadid Architects (ZHA)
- Project: CityLife Shopping District
- Location: Milan, Italy
- Photography: Hufton+Crow
- Project Director: Gianluca Racana ZHA
- Project Associate: Paolo Zilli ZHA
- Project Architect: Andrea Balducci Caste
- ZHA Site Supervision Team: Andrea Balducci Caste, Pierandrea Angius, Vincenzo Barilari, Stefano Paiocchi
- ZHA Design Team: H. Goswin Rothenthal, Carles S. Martinez, Gianluca Barone, Giuseppe Morando, Letizia Simoni, Arianna Russo, Annarita Papeschi, Fulvio Wirz, Marco Amoroso, Mario Mattia, Roberto Vangeli, Luciano Letteriello, Marco Guardincerri, Marina Martinez, Alvin Triestanto, Subharthi Guha, Massimo Napoleoni, Massimiliano Piccinini, Kyle Dunnington, Luis Miguel Samanez, Santiago F. Achury, Martha Read, Peter McCarthy, Line Rahbek, Matteo Pierotti, Raquel Ordas, Alexandra Fisher, Sara Criscenti, Mattia Santi, Shahd Abdelmoneim, Cristina Capanna, Alessandra Catello, Agata Banaszek
- ZHA Competition Team: Simon Kim, Yael Brosilovski, Adriano De Gioannis, Graham Modlen, Karim Muallem, Daniel Li, Yang Jingwen, Tiago Correia, Ana Cajiao, Daniel Baerlecken, Judith Reitz
- Management: J and A/Ramboll
- Structural: AKT (SD), Redesco (DD-Construction podium and tower), Holzner and Bertagnolli + Cap (basement)
- M+E: Max Fordham + Manens-TIFS
Tuesday, December 5th, 2017
Article source: Dongguan Zheng Xiang Decoration Design Consulting Co. Ltd.
The scenery is as beautiful as a painting; mountains far away are mirrored on the water as if they are very close .” Surrounded by the beautiful natural landscape in the historical town of Huanyao, the project features the characteristic local gables facing the street, where plain colors like black and white are harmoniously integrated in the architectural context. The shape of the gable draws the outline of the skyline of the town, becoming a cultural and poetic landscape.
Image Courtesy © Ouyang Yun
Sunday, November 19th, 2017
Article source: v2com
In the heart of Memphis, Tennessee is the awakened community of Crosstown. The genesis of this urban revival dates back to 1927, where a premier Sears retail store animated the community. At its height, this art-deco building housed 1,500 employees. Over time, shifting demographics and population depletion in Memphis’s urban core led to the store’s closure. As time passed, the 1.5 million sq ft building fell into disrepair. Some thought the building and community unsalvageable. Those some thought wrong. This is a story of the regeneration of an entire community-lost through strategic Urban Design by International Design firm, DIALOG.
Sears Crosstown is Reborn as Crosstown Concourse, Image Courtesy © Jamie Harmon
- Architects: DIALOG
- Project: Sears Department Store
- Location: Memphis, Tennessee, United States
- Photography: Jamie Harmon